Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HERE'S A NEW PROJECT......PAPPY (PIC HEAVY)

Started by pappy, April 24, 2013, 07:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Been able to catch up on some calls I wanted to try, this is one I wanted to make after the GUITAR last year. There is still a little more work to do, but I wanted to show her off. It is made from some scrap walnut and ebony I had in the shop. It measures eleven inches long and 3 - 1/2" wide at the bottom.  I carved the head of the neck in the shape of a turkeys body but since I can't carve a turkey head I carved a Spur with a three toe for the head, it is really cool looking, the tail feathers on the back took some time to carve out of the hunk, but they came out ok.  My original plan was to use the neck as a striker, with the shaft inside the violin, but I want to string it so that is out, my wife says to make the striker look like the bow, hummmm...gotta work on that. The back is yet to be finished, it is slate over glass, yep there is a soundboard inside her. Took me twelve hours so far, wonder how many more? Thanks for looking, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

callmakerman

vaturkey

Vaturkey

DirtNap647

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

merocustomcalls

Austy

That sure is a unique looking call for sure!!!!

Hooksnhorns

Man, that is fine. Do you mind postin up a pic of the guitar?
Don't Tread On Me

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

RickC

That's nothing but awesome there Pappy.

Rick
Blessings,
Rick

Gawhitaker

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

pappy

Wanted to say thank you to everyone with their kind comments, next is a Mandolin, then a Banjo.....gonna make a set and call it Turkey in the Straw.....going to make two piece strikers with hickory heads and wood burn the chorus in musical notes on them from the song. Bluegrass Special.....
tel...573-380-8206

Nolehoe

Gorgeous

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2