OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Want a double sided pot call

Started by grayfox, April 24, 2013, 12:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I'm looking for a quality, good sounding, double sided pot call with aluminum on top & slate on the bottom.  Bottom can be a smaller surface.  I've looked at different ones but without running them it's hard to decide.  I'd like to be hopefully be able to make one purchase so I want to do it right the first time.  Your recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks

outdoors

X2 > I HAVE A CEDAR CERAMIC OVR SLATE , IM THINKG ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER BEFORE NEXT SEASON , GREAT SOUNDING CALL FOR OVER N UNDER   :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

grayfox

Thanks guys.  I'll give Pappy a holler.

FL-Boss

pappy just did 2 calls for me - double sided.  They sound and look great..

otis

fl panhandler

Andy Kaiser makes a great sounding aluminum and slate double sided call.
Rick

grayfox

Do you guys in your opinion think you loose some sound quality in a doubled sided call verses a single?  Just wondering.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

grayfox

I didn't think you would but the only double sided call I have any experience with is a $20 plastic one with aluminum on top & slate in the bottom.  Guess it sounds OK though.  If that turkey in my profile pic could talk, he would testify to that.  Anyway I'm gonna purchase a better built custom one because the cheap one is already cracked on one side of the plastic.  Thanks guys for your help.  This is a great site full of good information from great folks.

chatterbox

My first and only double sider in glass over slate, was made by Andy Kaiser, and it is a fantastic call. I get fantastic clucks, purrs and yelps from the slate side, and the glass top flat out ROCKS!
I always have one of Andy's calls in my vest! :icon_thumright:

grayfox

I've heard great comments about Andy, but I've already got pappy building me one.  It'll will be for next year because season ends Tues. here in Alabama.

chipper

chatterbox

Quote from: grayfox on April 27, 2013, 04:55:30 PM
I've heard great comments about Andy, but I've already got pappy building me one.  It'll will be for next year because season ends Tues. here in Alabama.
An excellent choice! :icon_thumright: Pappy makes a fantastic call. I am sure you wil be quite pleased.