OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with an 835

Started by redrivergar, April 23, 2013, 11:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrivergar

I changed to the 3.5" turkey thugs shells this year and my mag will only hold one shell. If I put 2 in it doesn't catch. I cut about .25" off the plug but it still won't hold 2 shells properly. Any suggestions are appreciated. This has never been a problem before with other 3.5" shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wonder if your plug for some reason is sticking in the spring.  That's weird.  I would use the otehr shells you have been using and call Moss later after turkey season. 

Tom Foolery

Do you have to use the plug?  If not take it out.

Skeeterbait

Are the shells actually longer?  If so I would be concerned they would catch and jam in the ejection port after fired.

Turkeys are not migratory birds so federal migratory bird regulations do not apply.  Does your state have some specific rule that all shotguns can only have a three shell capacity?  If not remove the plug.

You can always make yourself another plug whatever length you need out of a wooden dowel and a rubber O-ring.  All the O-ring does is keep it from sliding and making noise.

surehuntsalot

after reading this I checked,the Federal shells are no longer than any other 3.5" that I have
it's not the harvest,it's the chase