turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 / Nitros / Rhino

Started by Bottomland, April 23, 2013, 02:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

This is my pattern i shot at the beginning of the season.  These were shot at 30 and 40 yards measured with a rangefinder.  The gun is a mossberg 835 with a 20" barrel shooting a rhino (.690) with nitros 4x5x7.  POI/POA has been fixed with some williams slugger sights.  This offseason i plan to have the gun dipped, polish barrel, add fastfire 3 and do some trigger work.  Tell me what yall think?

Wheeler
(I switched my username from jwsewell1)

Bottomland

Any thoughts?  Yall think i could increase my numbers by doing anything different let me know.  Im a rookie when it comes to making my pattern better.  I know a lot of people shoot the hevi-13 number 7.... should i try them?  I would like to figure out whether this gun will pattern lead decently.... what load should i try?

Hillshire9

DirtNap647

beagler

Never Misses

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: Bottomland on April 23, 2013, 09:11:30 PM
Any thoughts?  Yall think i could increase my numbers by doing anything different let me know.  Im a rookie when it comes to making my pattern better.  I know a lot of people shoot the hevi-13 number 7.... should i try them?  I would like to figure out whether this gun will pattern lead decently.... what load should i try?

Try some Winchester Double X's in #6s or or some Federal Turkey Thugs#6s if you want to try lead.

captin_hook

tomstopper

Looks good. I also agree that if you want to try lead, try the turkey thugs.....

ILIKEHEVI-13

Looks good to me.  Heck you may even want to try some Hevi-13 3.5" #7 loads with say a .675 or so .670 choke to see where your at.  You may even get better patterns yet.   But that will kill one very easily.