Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

My 8 year old grandson getting tuned for Turkey season

Started by Jay, March 08, 2011, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Gavins first year Turkey hunting, and this year got his first shotgun and bow to get the job done. However, he has really taken a shine to the bow. He plans on getting his first Turkey with his bow, and practices often. Him and my son getting ready.

headbanger

Awesome....look at that concentration on his face....go get em son :anim_25:

VAHUNTER

thats great Jay !!!! i wish i could see the pic. i see a box with a X
Good things come to those who wait

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Jay

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 08, 2011, 09:30:06 AM
Wonder why you get the red x, and everyone else sees it. Anyone know what causes that.

alloutdoors

Jay

He's got a sweet set up. His grandma only allows bow hunting on her land, and my son is the only one hunting it. It's absolutely loaded with Turkey. He'll get his shot.

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Jay on March 08, 2011, 06:22:37 PM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 08, 2011, 09:30:06 AM
Wonder why you get the red x, and everyone else sees it. Anyone know what causes that.
i dont know whats going on!!! i came back to your post and now i can see the pic.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
best of luck to the little fella  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Jay

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm extremely proud of this one. He use to sit in a blind with me when he was 5, and ask me when "he could kill one grandpa". It's his time. :icon_thumright:

200racing

weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.

Bigsho69

That is awesome.  He will be hooked forever when he gets his first bird.

Jay

Quote from: 200racing on March 09, 2011, 09:45:51 PM
JAY are you shooting a pse dakota?
That's my son with the grandson, and I don't know what he's currently shooting on his bow. The last time I shot bow was with my longbow many years ago. Loved that antique, and I was pretty dang good with it.

Jay

You know your bows. Son is shooting a PSE, and grandson a Vortex. March 25th they open Nebraska. I'm excited for the little dude.

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Jay on March 10, 2011, 07:21:48 PM
That's my son with the grandson, and I don't know what he's currently shooting on his bow. The last time I shot bow was with my longbow many years ago. Loved that antique, and I was pretty dang good with it.
"Loved that antique"
i'm try to be good Jay. but you are not making it easy  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Jay

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 10, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
Quote from: Jay on March 10, 2011, 07:21:48 PM
"Loved that antique"
i'm try to be good Jay. but you are not making it easy  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Well, seeing what these guys shoot now days for bows, a long bow is an antique. ;D