OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler Call

Started by FL-Boss, April 22, 2013, 11:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

What is a good... easy to use gobbler call that makes good gobble sounds?  I have a tube... but it is big, takes up a lot of space and doesn't sound good when it's cold.   

I want something smaller.. but easy to use for just basic gobble sounds.

Treeninja

I just throw a rubberband around my 2 sided box call and hold it upside down and shake it back and forth holding the top of the call in my hand so the body goes back and forth. It must work because I've had a lot of hens come running in, and a lot of stubborn toms sound off after doing it.

Gawhitaker

I have one of Pappys tube calls, it produces a good sounding gobble when doing a duck feed call, tic a, tic a , tic a

grayfox

TauntoHawk

mouth call, nothing additional to carry needed then. I like a 3 reed batwing
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lightsoutcalls

Voice gobble, then you have nothing extra to carry and nothing to choke on.  ;D

A friend used a shaker gobble call this past weekend. (not sure of the brand)  From about 10 feet away, it had the cheesiest sound... nothing like a turkey.  I have a Haint gobble call and get a really good tone from it.  My only problem is I tend to blow too hard initially and the reed locks up at first.  I think if I can ever train my brain for the airflow, it will be a deadly tool in the woods. 
While guiding on a youth hunt 2 weeks ago, I voice gobbled at a bird that was gobbling his head off about 150 yards across a 20 foot wide creek.  After I gobbled he got really quiet.  About 10 minutes later, he was strutting on our side of the creek about 100 yards away.  We'll never know what "might have been", as someone in a red jeep decided that 7:30 am on THAT particular Sunday morning was THE best time to drive down the road between us and the gobbler...  :angry9:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!