turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

kent 2 3/4 1 5/8oz #6

Started by older042, April 21, 2013, 02:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

older042

picked up some kent ultimate diamond shot 2 3/4" 1 5/8oz # 6 only cost me 8 dollars a box and this is my 35 yrd pattern I think Im good on spending $20 plus for 5 rounds  of heavy

older042

forgot 232 pellets in the 10inch

WildSpur

Wow!  Buy them all up.  You are still going to have high #s with that at 40.  Better than many htl loads.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

the Ward

looks pretty awesome for a 2 3/4 shell at 35yds!I agree,better buy a couple boxs of those!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Really surprising. Congratulations!!!

Richyb

what choke ?   my dad swears by the kent #5.

R AJ

What choke,gun, bbl length and all that stuff.
Best Kent pattern seen yet. :popcorn: :turkey2:  :thanks:

Swamp

I shot some. 3.5" #4s and had 81 at 30 yrds nice even pattern for 4s would like to try the #6s

older042

its a Remington 1100 with a polished 28". 29" with the choke vent rib barrel front bead with a rear peep sight and a factory Remington .665 turkey choke I could never get any patterns close to this until I found the kent #6's :turkey2:

older042

this is the gun throwing the pattern. I use to use High Velocity loads and got nothing close to what I get now. upped the payload and slowed it down a little and had great results

Tom Foolery

Dang!  I would be buying stock in Kent turkey loads if i was you.

Lucky Clucker

I got some 3inch loads in the 5 shot,my newengland 12 ga. loves them at 40 yards it puts 19 in the brain and spine of a turkey target ,I heard the 6's are almost as big as a 5, going to try them,a friend of mne uses the 4 shot in his and ha killed every turkey he has shot.I use hevi shot and heavy weights bit at the cost I can get a box of 10 shells for the price of one HVY shell.
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

Gooserbat

Ain't noth'n wrong with that!!!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

I will have to see if I can find some 2-3/4" Kents
I have a 1100 with a 30" full choke that they ought to be bad in
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper