Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Need Things To Change

Started by turkeybow, April 20, 2013, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeybow

I'm still alive and here.  Chasing birds as hard as I can.  I have chased them every day at random times except for 2 since the season has opened.  I have heard plenty of birds but for some reason when things started they didn't want to respond to calls.  I have had 2 respond to calls and they went the other way.  Lack of leaves hurt me a good bit by not allowing me to move.  I came close twice by creeping up on them but that hasn't panned out either.  Hopefully things are soon to change but one things for sure, I'm NOT giving up!!   :fud:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

t_eagen13

Keep after them! Luck will turn your way sooner or later.  :icon_thumright:

harvester

Keep after them. Something has to happen soon. Its finally getting right for turkey huntin around here. Where you hunting at? West Tn.

unclerick

Man I hear you, we finaily had a decent exciteing hunt this morning but still haven't seen a bird in shot gun range or even struting yet, but we keep after them. Good luck with them.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Persistance pays off, stay with them.

turkeybow

I'm not going to give up!  Going to put a blind out and sit in it all day if I have to!!  Yeah, I'm in west TN in Lauderdale County.  Next to the Mississippi River.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold