OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF lll Speed Bead mount vs. their conventional mount

Started by kevin2, April 20, 2013, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I was considering getting my kid a specific shotgun so that we could mount the speedbead & Fast Fire lll on it. I'm just wondering if there are any shooters that have used a standard FFlll mount & then also converted OR used the speedbead mount too.

If so, is there that big of a difference between the 2 mount styles.

I'm just trying to get the best shooting picture that I can for him. Seemed like the speedbead was/is a great idea.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

CrustyRusty

Speed bead will not effect correct shooting form, but a conventional mount may if you dont have a raised cheek piece.

kevin2

That is what I was affraid of. I was considering, well, really wanting to get the Mossberg 835, but you can't use the speedbead on that, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm going to get the Stoeger p-350, if I can't figure a way to get the Mossberg to work. Anyone give me a definite NO on that combo?

Quote from: CrustyRusty on April 20, 2013, 02:46:14 PM
Speed bead will not effect correct shooting form, but a conventional mount may if you dont have a raised cheek piece.

BurrisOptics

The speedbead will NOT work on the mossberg shotguns due to the safety location on those guns.

kevin2

I bought the Stoeger & am ordering a FFlll. Now, I'm trying to figure out what is better, the 8 OR 3 MOA. Do you have any words of wisdom that might help my decision?? Thanks...

Quote from: BurrisOptics on April 23, 2013, 04:39:06 PM
The speedbead will NOT work on the mossberg shotguns due to the safety location on those guns.

BurrisOptics

I don't have a preference.  I'm using the 8 and have had no issues at all with the dot being too big.  The 8 dot is really easy to pick up.  A lot of guys like the 3 though.  Can't go wrong either way.  I have a 3 on my 1911 and I honestly don't notice that the dot is smaller until I compare the 2 side by side.