OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Are they still operating?

Started by Sportdog7, April 19, 2013, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportdog7

Got a box call a few days ago made by Lynch it sounds very good, it's the model 102. But it need repaired, one side that produces the gobbler sounds has a part of the wood panel missing. That's why it was given to me. I'd like to send it in for repair, I went online and got their phone # but its been disconnected?? Did they go out of business, or does anyone here know how I can contact them. Thanks :turkey2:

M Sharpe

Those calls have been going downhill since Alan Jenkins sold it, IMO. I think Alan is still making calls under his name. You can try googling it to see. The ones he makes looks just like the Lynch's but with a higher grade of wood. Maybe you can get some help there.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

IF @ WHEN YOU FIND HIM CAN YA POST IT THANKS , IM INTERESTED .....  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: M Sharpe on April 22, 2013, 11:32:58 AM
Those calls have been going downhill since Alan Jenkins sold it, IMO. I think Alan is still making calls under his name. You can try googling it to see. The ones he makes looks just like the Lynch's but with a higher grade of wood. Maybe you can get some help there.

I bought a Foolproof from the new company (IIRC Lynch Calls, LLC) for kicks and grins.  There is still a lot of turkeys that will come and die to the sound of that all-mahogany box in GA, and the older ones can get silly on price and all then there is the e-bay sniping and other buying experience baloney.   

It did not sound right out of the box.  I enlisted the help of a hunting partner that has an older one and broke out some tools and sandpaper and we tuned it to the sound of his.  it will now call a turkey.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Sportdog7

The call I got didn't cost me a penny and I think it sounds great, but what do I know. After all this will be my first hunt is just 2 days away. I think I'll try to glue the call up after this spring. At this time I can't justify spending the kind of money those Allen Jenkins calls command. Maybe I'll enjoy the pot call and the variety those strikers that Callmakerman sent me give the slate call.