North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gettin at it tomorrow. Opening Day

Started by Thebody, April 17, 2013, 10:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebody

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

WildSpur

Good luck!  Your alarm will be ringing before you know it!

Cluck more, yelp less

Thebody

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

Thebody

4 birds hammering on the roost.  I was a tad late due to a wreck, I hope they are ok!

Birds started at 605 and hammer for 30 minutes.  They went silent when they hit the ground, but every 15 minutes or so I would hear a gobble.  I gave some light calling and fired a hen up, so I went to cutting.  For some reason the hens got way ahead of the gobblers.  It took them 1 hour 45 minutes to cover the ground, but worth the wait.  I got a jake within 10 yards and I was froze, the big boys followed, but couldn't resist Tom Teaser diaphram call.  I was able to take a shot at the second biggest at 35 yards and thank the lord it was a good shot.  Benelli Nova with a hevishot choke and hevishot #6 at 35 yatds are pure death.

Hayudog

Looking forward to the pictures.  Way to go.  We're just a couple weeks from the end of gun season here in Cali. 

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird man!! That's awesome!! Can't wait to see pics and stats!!

TURKEYWHACKER

Congrats on your gobbler, details....

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.