turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Changed things up a bit for 2013

Started by cuppednlocked, April 17, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuppednlocked

Thanks to Remmy1187 I have made some changes to my trusty 870 SM.

I just installed the thumbhole and will try the JH .660 he sold me.  Being new I didn't see a feedback section but Remmy is a great seller.  I would do business with him anytime.

The comb was still a bit low for the b-square mount/Burris SpeedDot 135 so I used a stock raising kit I had laying around.  I can't wait to pattern the JH and see how the stock feels.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

looks good and post some info on how that baby patterns  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me

tomstopper

Rem 870 = Great looking & shooting gun.

cuppednlocked

I patterned it with 3.5" 2oz #6 Thugs a few weeks ago.  Had 107 in 10" at a measured 40yds with a Bansner TG150 I bought at the same time as the gun.

FL-Boss

JH .660 got me 276 hits in the 10in at 40 yards... existentially the same gun. Hevi #7

These REM's love Jelly Heads.. you will be happy

alclark2

Quote from: cuppednlocked on April 17, 2013, 10:48:43 PM
I patterned it with 3.5" 2oz #6 Thugs a few weeks ago.  Had 107 in 10" at a measured 40yds with a Bansner TG150 I bought at the same time as the gun.

With a clean gun and a differnt choke you should be able to easily get another 25-30 in the 10 with 3.5" 6s
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

cuppednlocked

I had polished the barrel the night before.  I probably didn't do that good of a job since it was late.

remmy1187

Looks good bud, keep us informed how it shoots for you with the JH.   Good luck and I hope you smoke one with it.

cuppednlocked

Thanks Rem!

I'll be sure to file a report.  Won't get a chance to hunt until next weekend, but I hopento slip away for a quick patterning session.