News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 4/18/2013

Started by Roostem33, April 17, 2013, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

From Bullocks Sportsmen Devotionals

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men
give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38

Have you ever just not felt charitable when asked to help out or give to a good cause? I know that I feel that way
sometimes. I get the feeling that I have given already so I don't need to give again. That I need to keep some or all of it
for myself. I forget that God wants me to charitable to all my brothers and sisters who walk this earth and
have many different needs. Not just to the ones who look like me or go to the same church but to all His children. That
doesn't sit well with me sometimes. I want to be selfish and hoard what the good Lord has been so gracious to provide
to me. By being in the Word I learn that God does not want me to act that way. I also know that how I give to others will
also be the way I am given.I had this lesson brought home to me when I used to work as a deputy sheriff at the county
jail. One evening an older deputy and I were making rounds. An inmate stopped me and asked if he could use the
phone. Something was troubling him and he needed to call home. I told him in no uncertain terms that he could not
and to just wait for the phone to make it to his cell block. When the other deputy and I had finished our rounds and
were talking he asked me if I knew that sometimes God will send an angel to test us sometimes? I immediately knew
what he was talking about. I could not get back down to that cell block fast enough to let that inmate use the
phone for as long as he wanted and then some. Thank God a Christian man was there to guide me in the right
direction. I sometimes wonder if It wasn't 2 angels instead of one that I encountered that day.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Have a good week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Awesome Devotional Jody!!

One of my favorite verses which applies to the devotional.

Hebrews 13:1-4
13 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

Thank you. I sometimes allow my self to worry over what I want,versus all I already have. Like the commercial says " We want more" My Pastor put it in perspective this Sunday when he pointed out that " As rich as the Pharaoh was all of his belonging are sitting in a museum ,his body too.He didn't get to take anything with him.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net