OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke for Heavyweight #6 and #7

Started by Rem Man, April 17, 2013, 01:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

Hi guys I was wondering what choke has been working for these loads. I have a 20 gauge Rem Youth. Is there a difference of the 6 and 7 the way they shoot, besides pellet count? THANKS!!!!

BrowningGuy88

I like the SumToy 562 in my 21" Remmy! The 6's run around 120 and the 7's run around 160+.

Also may want to try the SSX.

elpepe25

just was in the same boat here a coupla weeks ago

I love the truglo SSX, but also got decent patterns with the tightwad and jelly head.
La onda es mia

SgtUSMC

How old is your gun Daman?  My 21" Rem 870 is about 20 years old.   Heard somewhere that the older ones like the 562 and the newer made barrels like the 570?  Just wondering? 

And to the original poster...  I went with Sumtoy, like many others here based on my conversations with him and the impressive patterns and his good reputation.

surehuntsalot

my youth model is 14 yrs old
I have a Hastings .570,a tightwad .570 and a Carlson.575
the hw 6's love the carlson and hastings,the hw 7's love all of them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: SgtUSMC on April 17, 2013, 09:51:21 PM
How old is your gun Daman?  My 21" Rem 870 is about 20 years old.   Heard somewhere that the older ones like the 562 and the newer made barrels like the 570?  Just wondering? 

And to the original poster...  I went with Sumtoy, like many others here based on my conversations with him and the impressive patterns and his good reputation.

It is around 15 years old. I don't know for sure when I got it, but I killed its first turkey when I was 10 and I am 24 now.

Brian Stewart

Sumtoy for sure for the Federal #7 HW's.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15