OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

final pattern results 20ga. Roberts Franchi Affinity

Started by turkeytromp, April 17, 2013, 08:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeytromp

After getting my gun back from Rob roberts I have tested several different choke/load combinations and found the beard busting load for my new franchi affinity. 40 yds no wind @72degrees 233 hits in a 10" with a pretty even pattern running nitro with a indian creek .555 choke. I tried two different indian creek chokes and one seems to put up beter numbers and pattern alot better than the other. 

CrustyRusty

Nice pattern.  What were the numbers before sending it off?

turkeytromp

The best I could get before was in the 160's and the patterns were not as even on coverage. Polished action and barrel, trigger work and stretched the forcing cone. i'm very sattisfied and look forward to opening season next week  :fud:  :OGani:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Brian Stewart

But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

01Foreman400

Did it come with a chrome lined barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

CrustyRusty

remmy1187

Nice pattern and good numbers, man you just gotta love these 20's putting up the big numbers.   I really like the Affinity and hoped to get one the other day but all they had was black so I ended up getting another 11-87, this one in 20 gauge. 

turkeytromp

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on April 18, 2013, 02:02:32 PM
Did it come with a chrome lined barrel?

Thanks guys, I really do love how it handles & shoots. Yes it has a chrome lined barrel, this little 20ga. is smooth as butter and shoots spot on with the standard bead sight. Hope to bust a head or two starting monday morning.

01Foreman400

With my Benelli's I clean them up real good then use J.B. Bore Paste then J.B. Bore Brite all by hand.  I wonder what process he used?

Huntin Fool From Georgia!