OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Land.....VERY EXCITED!!!

Started by Gobbling Buck, March 07, 2011, 09:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbling Buck

Well, I just got 2100 more acres to Turkey hunt and deer hunt!!!  This place ROCKS!!  Went to look the place over last Thursday and again today.  We rode through on Thursday in a pickup and got to see about half of it.  Saw 9 birds, one was a white hen.  The president said she'd been on the place for 8 years.  He killed an awesome looking white gobbler last year and got him mounted.  Anyway....we saw the same flock today about 1/2 a mile from the place we saw them Thursday and two deer.  This place has a great mix of planted thick pines with unbelievable harwood bottoms between the pine ridges and a couple creeks that flow year round. :icon_thumright:  We also heard one gobble this morning and it was a bad day for activity due to weather.  Man am I pumped!!!  Vacation starts Friday, youth season Sat & Sun, then season on Tuesday and I'll have 11 days of non stop hunting!!!!

GobbleNut

All Right, GB,....I predict a substantial contribution to our team score coming from central Alabama! 
Go get 'em!   :newmascot:
Jim

anthonyjhallen

Thats sounds great.  And 11 days of hunting sounds even better.   :anim_25:

BOFF

Reads well.  Hopefully you, your dad and kids will have success there the first week. :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

congrats on you new hunting spot and  :anim_25:

Woodsman4God

Go Get um, cant wait to see a bird down thread started

CJCASS