News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

options to add to a singleshot .410

Started by SCGobbler, April 15, 2013, 10:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

Hello All,

I come to you today with a request for ideas.

My son missed his second turkey of the year and I think I have figured out why.

The first shot he took was in a blind and I was beside him.  We had an honest to goodness "flash hunt" that lasted all of 2-3 minutes on Saturday.  This time we had to sit down quickly so I was his tree.  He sat in my lap and and I could almost see down the barrel as well as him.

I don't think that he is cheeking down on the stock of the gun when he shoots.  He is in fact putting the green tru-glo on the turkeys head but because he isn't down on the gun he is shooting over the op of it.  This is confirmed by the wadding lying inline with the point where the turkey was standing and the turkey flying away.

I called the gunsmith this morning but what do you all think I should do for him?  I was thinking about some kind of iron site tapped on the back of the barrel or adding a piece of barrel rib so I can put the back piece of a  tru-glo on the gun.

I would really appreciate any ideas you fine people can come up with!

Thanks for reading,
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

BrowningGuy88

I am building a single 20 right now for a loaner and am going to drill and tap it for a picatinny rail and mount a red dot on it just for that reason.

I would add a red dot for him.