turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scored an old School 1187

Started by AndyH, April 13, 2013, 12:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

Stopped in a small gun shop yesterday and low and behold there was a almost flawless old school 1187 sitting there. Only problem is it is the tree bark camo and not the MO Greenleaf. I still had to have it. Gonna pick her up next weekend, will post pics then. On a side note this same store had Mossyoak Green leaf camo shirts still with tags, only in size small though. If anyone wears a small or wants a shirt for their kid in that camo pm me and I'll give you the phone number to order one.

surehuntsalot

I really,really hate you,just kidding congrats on your find
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Very nice find indeed. Congrats....

Borat

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

Yeah, I'm just jealous.  CONGRATS to you though

vaturkey

Quote from: AndyH on April 13, 2013, 12:26:16 PM
Stopped in a small gun shop yesterday and low and behold there was a almost flawless old school 1187 sitting there. Only problem is it is the tree bark camo and not the MO Greenleaf. I still had to have it. Gonna pick her up next weekend, will post pics then. On a side note this same store had Mossyoak Green leaf camo shirts still with tags, only in size small though. If anyone wears a small or wants a shirt for their kid in that camo pm me and I'll give you the phone number to order one.

The Treebark pattern is the very hardest one to find. Congrats ! You will love the way it shoots !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

AndyH

Quote from: vaturkey on April 17, 2013, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: AndyH on April 13, 2013, 12:26:16 PM

The Treebark pattern is the very hardest one to find. Congrats ! You will love the way it shoots !  :icon_thumright:
I've seen 3, the one I'm picking up on Friday and the other two a friend of mine owns. I'm just a little more partial to the Greenleaf pattern. I'll be sure to post up pics this weekend.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Philippe

Not from Mo are you? I found a tree bark 1187 at a local shop, it is in rough condition though.

Ridge Rooster

Love mine! Good find! I have had mine since they first came out with 21" and in Mossy Oak Green Leaf. Carried this gun a many a mile, and up a many a mountain. Bought a Benelli a few years ago, actually went with the steady grip SBE 2, and a Burris 1 power extended eye relief scope, shooting 3.5 Nitros 4x5x7's and Rhino. This combo was nice, and would thump a gobbler at long range but I just couldn't get rid of my old 11-87. I could not get use to the scope either after using 2 beads forever, so I sold it to a friend and bought a SBE with 24" and regular stock. Have packed it for a couple years, but I still hung on to the old 11-87. This year I decided to break it out and hunt with it for the season. Two gobblers have already met their demise, it sure felt good to use it again! Good luck with your gun. The Rhino/Nitro combo is awesome for them! I was getting around 250+or - the last time I patterned it.

RidgeRooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

AndyH

Quote from: Philippe on April 18, 2013, 02:13:19 PM
Not from Mo are you? I found a tree bark 1187 at a local shop, it is in rough condition though.
I'm from Ohio, shop is in Ohio