OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Chasing tail???

Started by MouthCaller, April 12, 2013, 09:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Quote from: misfire on April 15, 2013, 09:48:56 AM
This show is a two edged sword, it can be construed as a bunch of hapless rednecks and cast a bad light, but it can also help promote that way of herd control. I am one of those guys who hunts in a neighborhood. Many of the residents are tired of their hard earned yards being destroyed, but they are not aware of people like me or may be scared of having someone in their backyard with a bow. As long as these guys can promote safety and good management practices, it will help

I have to agree Misfire...I actually was somewhat interested in the show and it surely will open the eyes of some suburbanites that it can be safely done...On the other hand, some of the antics perpetuate the idea that hunters are dumb rednecks...I'm kind of torn about the whole thing...I know it's ratings, and intelligent, safe, well spoken hunters wouldn't get ratings but I sure would like to see a show that portrayed hunters in a more positive light...I guess we have to take what we can get on prime time media. At least they're not framing us as ruthless, wanton killers...

dlewis82nd

I would like to start off by saying these guys in no way shape or form are rednecks. They are simply a bunch of city guys trying to act the part. I think if you stuck these guys out in real woods they would have no clue what to do. I agree with the huntin in town that needs to be done. As far as the show goes it seems all scripts and more acting then huntin.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I'm looking at it on the other end of the spectrum.  I know they are trying to be funny, and it is a comedy show when you stop and think about it with those characters.  Now I know they are trying to be funny making it no doubt.  But it is a show about shooting deer in urban areas with over populated deer numbers.  But I can tell you that these guys would make most people laugh.  And they are killing deer along the way.  I still enjoy watching it. 

But I do understand what you guys have said. 

dlewis82nd

Your either funny or your not, you shouldn't have to try to be funny and that's the bad part.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: dlewis82nd on April 19, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
Your either funny or your not, you shouldn't have to try to be funny and that's the bad part.

I guess time will tell if they will be back next year.  But I still enjoy the show.  My favorite show is still Pawn Stars, and American Pickers.   

doublebarrel

Quote from: misfire on April 15, 2013, 09:48:56 AM
This show is a two edged sword, it can be construed as a bunch of hapless rednecks and cast a bad light, but it can also help promote that way of herd control. I am one of those guys who hunts in a neighborhood. Many of the residents are tired of their hard earned yards being destroyed, but they are not aware of people like me or may be scared of having someone in their backyard with a bow. As long as these guys can promote safety and good management practices, it will help

Lee the problem with this show is everything. Indulting kids, insulting  land owners, leaving cigarette butts in the trees, sneaking onto peoples land, showing off a piss filled toilet living, like slobs, can't wait to see the dead deer on the pool cover. Dang, I'm a Yankee and this show is insulting. Hard enough to find private land around here without a show like this. If I didnt hunt and owned land after watching this show no one would get permission from me.

Also I'll get that wood out to you soon.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think some folks are taking this show to serious.  Just like the lady who told the main guy on the show no deer hunting and acted like a real you know what when he knocked on her door to try and obtain permission to hunt on her property.  Then one of his buddies kills a doe and it ends up dying in this lady's backyard.  And the main guy gets one of the tree service guys I believe to knock on the lady's door and distract her long enough so him and the guy that shot the doe could get the deer loaded into the back of the truck.  Now do you think for a moment that lady didn't know what was going on.  It's called acting and she was playing the part.  Most folks know this and don't take this show as serious as some think that this show is doing towards hunters by giving them a bad name.  I don't take it that way at all.   

sixbird

Quote from: dlewis82nd on April 19, 2013, 02:09:28 AM
I would like to start off by saying these guys in no way shape or form are rednecks. They are simply a bunch of city guys trying to act the part. I think if you stuck these guys out in real woods they would have no clue what to do. I agree with the huntin in town that needs to be done. As far as the show goes it seems all scripts and more acting then huntin.

Well, you're right in a strict sense. I guess they are an insult to a real redneck...What I was referring to with respect to my redneck comment was the derogatory definition of redneck ie. stupid, uncaring, narrow minded...Please all you real rednecks out there, people who live off the land and have real conservative values, don't jump me. I'm down wit' cha'!
That being said, my idea of a genuine look at what hunting is and how it should be portrayed would be Meateater or Dead Meat on the Sportsman Channel...These guys are honest and accurate about hunting and "real" hunters...I'd love to see these shows on prime time...

buck_hunter21

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 19, 2013, 07:57:36 PM
  My favorite show is still Pawn Stars, and American Pickers.
:TrainWreck1: :TrainWreck1:

Spill Blood