turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Chasing tail???

Started by MouthCaller, April 12, 2013, 09:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Im watching Swamp People tonight on the DVR and I see a preview for Chasing Tail a new show on History about a bunch of dudes bow hunting whitetails in rich neighborhoods! HAHAHA This looks awesome but Im afraid of what kind of message it would send and people will start to get shot.

redarrow

Hollywood can come up with some stuff for sure.

Gobble!

Watched 2 episodes tonight. Really enjoyed it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I watched it and I laughed my butt off.  Those guys are funny.  I really liked the guy hunting off the deck of the folks house.  And she is raking leaves when he is hunting.  So he gets mad and rakes the leaves to get her back inside.  Took him about 20 min.  Then she wanted to fertilize or sew grass seed.  LOL!  He did get a doe off the deck. 

Treeninja

As a serious bowhunter myself, I think it's a black eye to the bowhunting world. 

the Ward

This is why i am cancelling my cable!I am SICK of "reality" shows!There is no HISTORY on the history channel any more.And i see now they are in the process of ruining the Military channel,too.Not only that they have slowly turned every channel into "marathon programming"Same shows all day and nite long on every channel.So now for the same price i get ONE show per channel,on every channel,to maximize their profits.I used to like the "WILD" channel for watching shows on animals,but i guess its cheaper for them to put on marathons of dog trainers and vets than put a film crew out filming wildlife.So i'm voting with my wallet and they can keep their garbage.And these so called hunting shows are nothing but thinly veiled infomercials.No offense to anyone,but how many times can they hunt in Texas,out of a permanent blind over a food plot and act like it's exciting?Don't even get me started on the fist pumps and high fives(mandatory formula)or supercool slang used like "shooter"they are denigrating the very act of hunting by reducing the  game to a target,not a living creature to be admired and respected.Anyways,sorry for the rant,this subject has been under my skin for awhile now,and is Not directed at any members,just the cable co.Just venting my opinion,maybe i shouldn't drink so much coffee in the morning,lol!.....ward

buck_hunter21

Quote from: Treeninja on April 14, 2013, 08:27:41 AM
As a serious bowhunter myself, I think it's a black eye to the bowhunting world.

I could not agree more. I seen an episode last night and hated it. Just seemed like a bunch of idiots running around. Sad thing is people who know nothing about hunting will see this show and think all bow hunters are like this.
Spill Blood

the Ward

That's what most of these shows are,edited in fake drama meant to show the people in as bad and controversial light as possible for ratings.Some of these shows could actually be good if they would stop with the fake drama and include some "how and why" in them.Don't think people yelling and screaming at each other all the time qualifys as entertainment to me,i get enough stress at work without having to watch it everytime i turn on the tube.Oh well,sooner or later some other type of show will become popular then all the networks will jump on the bandwagon and that is all they will produce, imagination is not one of a tv's executives' strong point!.Lol! Once again,just my opinion,not that its worth anything lol!....ward

DirtNap647

:TrainWreck1:  personally think its very dumb to promote hunting that way

the Ward

Quote from: MrB0000M on April 14, 2013, 09:49:34 AM
:TrainWreck1:  personally think its very dumb to promote hunting that way
:agreed:Just look at the suggestive title they chose for the show

barry

Quote from: buck_hunter21 on April 14, 2013, 09:07:18 AM

I could not agree more. I seen an episode last night and hated it. Just seemed like a bunch of idiots running around. Sad thing is people who know nothing about hunting will see this show and thing all bow hunters are like this.

Agreed!

archery1

there are more an more of these shows coming out!!!! alot of well to do people with more money than they know what to do with and spend thousands of dollars to get these huge bucks on film and what it is really doing is glamorizing it!!!!!!!! I will be lucjy as 1#@$##@# to shoot a big buck like these guys on tv are shooting everyday sometimes more than one ... they need to downscale  it!!!!!! show some  real working mans deer hunts with shootin  some average deer that we guys kill.. (but i guess) they wont be popular as watchin these guys shoot these 170+ plus deer all the time... This tv crap is gettin outta hand!!!!
Take a kid hunting

tomstopper

Quote from: buck_hunter21 on April 14, 2013, 09:07:18 AM

I could not agree more. I seen an episode last night and hated it. Just seemed like a bunch of idiots running around. Sad thing is people who know nothing about hunting will see this show and think all bow hunters are like this.
:agreed: It does nothing more than give the Libs more reasons to shed negative light onto us "real" hunters. So much is already going against bowhunters & this just adds fuel to the fire...

misfire

This show is a two edged sword, it can be construed as a bunch of hapless rednecks and cast a bad light, but it can also help promote that way of herd control. I am one of those guys who hunts in a neighborhood. Many of the residents are tired of their hard earned yards being destroyed, but they are not aware of people like me or may be scared of having someone in their backyard with a bow. As long as these guys can promote safety and good management practices, it will help
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

trackerbucky

Quote from: archery1 on April 15, 2013, 07:08:31 AM
there are more an more of these shows coming out!!!! alot of well to do people with more money than they know what to do with and spend thousands of dollars to get these huge bucks on film and what it is really doing is glamorizing it!!!!!!!! I will be lucjy as 1#@$##@# to shoot a big buck like these guys on tv are shooting everyday sometimes more than one ... they need to downscale  it!!!!!! show some  real working mans deer hunts with shootin  some average deer that we guys kill.. (but i guess) they wont be popular as watchin these guys shoot these 170+ plus deer all the time... This tv crap is gettin outta hand!!!!

Hunting as portrayed by most of these shows is no different than yachting.  Instead of a test of skill between man and game it has become a quest to see who can spend the most money to achieve the desired result.  If you're willing to pony up the cash you can be guaranteed a buck of a certain size.  It's a free country, so I have no problem with anyone doing it.  Just don't expect me to pay to watch it or to be impressed by it.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.