Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Thought I was on him....NO...SUPER JAKE!! Video

Started by gophert, April 11, 2013, 11:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Well there has been a nice bird (see him at the end of video) hanging around in this field. My buddy (camera man) called me Tuesday night and said he saw some birds go to roost and knew exactly where he thought he was. Well sure enough, way before daylight he is sounding off. We get within 60 yards of him and set up the decoys. He is gobbling constantly on the roost. He flies down away from us towards where the hens are roosted. I can hear him working his way around the edge of the field with the hens. All the time, I'm thinking, all he needs to do is see the decoys. After about 30 minutes I see the hens enter our section of the field, and sure enough there are two strutters in toe. At this point all I see are birds in strut. A hen gets all excited and heads our way and they follow. My buddy on the camera says...It looks like a jake. I said, no way, not the way he is gobbling and acting. As he got a little closer, sure enough, I see the un-even fan....CRAP!!!!!!!!!! Either way, it was a good time.

http://youtu.be/aWKiaaiqydw

FullChoke

Man, that still looked like fun. That Super Jake wanted in on that squatting hen action so badly, but knew what would happen if he got too close!

That other bird will fall soon.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

Great footage!
I agree with Norm, big boys days are numbered :newmascot:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gagry

I would say big boy's going to fill those #9 soon. Great video