OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Illinois Youth Turkey Hunt Begins In Heartbreak - Ends in Celebration

Started by heathwesley, April 09, 2013, 11:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

I wrote out the whole stroy - a great one - but when I went to post it deleted it bummer.  No time to write it all out again.  But check out the pics.  We had an amazing youth turkey hunt here in my home state of Illinois.  My nephew missed a Jake on Saturday but smoked this gobbler on Sunday.  We had to work for him - played games with us all morning.  About 10:00AM we finally got somewhere he liked and he came in.  Really put on a show.  The celebration was on!  First ever turkey for my 12yo nephew Jonah.  He was estatic!  22lbs, 1" spurs, 10" beard. Pics Coming!

heathwesley

My nephew with his first bird - we hunted hard all weekend and it paid off.

tomstopper

heathwesley

Happy Hunter Here!  Proud moment for his Dad and Uncle for sure!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

JVA54

Tommy Strutsalot

Awesome, Good work. He's hooked for life.   The NEF Pardner did the job again..... that was my first gun.

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Hognutz

Congrats to Jonah and all that were involved. There is nothing in the world that compares to this..He will remember this day until the day he dies. Kudo's to y'all!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

boomer

heathwesley

Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on April 09, 2013, 03:14:56 PM
Awesome, Good work. He's hooked for life.   The NEF Pardner did the job again..... that was my first gun.

Man it was mine to.  I honestly did not shoot it much as a kid.  I probably got it when I was 12. Last year we decided it would be cool to start Turkey hunting with it.  My Dad bought it for me and we lost him to cancer in October 2011.  The last 2 years we have killed turkeys with it.  Actually patterns real well and both birds have gone straight down!  Don't need an automatic with 3.5 inch shells to kill turkeys.