turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No more Thugs!

Started by Philippe, April 08, 2013, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

So much for the ".670 is a magic constriction" eh? There are still a few boxes of thug 6s around here locally. However, thy didn't shoot all that well in my gun/chokes either. I think I'll leave them for the others guys.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Borden811 on April 14, 2013, 05:55:51 AM
So much for the ".670 is a magic constriction" eh? There are still a few boxes of thug 6s around here locally. However, thy didn't shoot all that well in my gun/chokes either. I think I'll leave them for the others guys.

You got me there.  I really had high hopes for this choke.  This choke was not that good.   

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Try running some Federal FCW HW through the Haymaker.  It might do well.

It was designed to accommodate that shell, wasn't it?

Otherwise, I couldn't justify buying / using a Haymaker, over an Indian Creek with the wad catchers and ports.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I got my money back for the Haymaker choke today.  Now I wished I could get my money back for the 3" Magblends.  Oh well. 

firstflight111

in ohio there ever where, my walmart has 30 boxes if not more .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2013, 05:28:58 AM
Quote from: Philippe on April 14, 2013, 04:30:37 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2013, 03:07:36 AM
I shot 2 3" #6 and 2 #.5" 2oz #6 Thug loads Sat from my 870 and 835.  I'll just say I wasn't that impressed.  The 3" loads shot terrible.  The 3.5" out of the Star Dot did 132.  The other one sucked.

Yeah yeah we know shoot hevi-7's lol :TooFunny:

Well the 7's and the magblend I shot through the Haymaker .670 in my 870 Sat sucked as well.  I can't tell you how disappointed I am in that choke.  I'm either getting my money back or going to visit Indian Creek.

I talked to the guys at IC about the haymaker and they wouldnt swap it out because they dont own the rights the choke. Pissed me off good, didnt shoot worth a damn out of my 870 20ga. I have one for the SM but hesitant to even burn up what little bit of hevi and blends just to test it.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I like 3" Hevi Magnum Blends.  Ship me some, and I promise I'll send you something decent in return.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Philippe,

The local country/farm/hardware store called Buchheits I bought my choke from has a 100% unconditional guarantee on what they sell except ammo and maybe a few other items.  I was told this along time ago that they will take back pretty much everything to keep from making a customer mad.  All you have to do is keep the receipt.  The guy at the sporting goods tried to tell me after I ask about taking the choke back if I don't like it, he said as long as you don't shoot it.  I'm like oh ok.  Now how am I going to tell if I am satisfied or not until I shoot it?  The girl at the customer service desk never ask me one question other than the fact if I wanted to exchange it or return it.  I said I want to return it for my money back.   That's why I buy from them.  Forget the guy behind the sporting good counter.  Now it's up to them what they do with that choke.  But Indian Creek always told me that any choke they make they stand behind 100%.  They make the Haymaker choke for Down-n-Dirty Outdoors.  One way or another I would be getting my money back.  I'm 19 miles from Indian Creek.  I would call them back again.  I know they wouldn't be telling me no. 

turkey buster

the walmart in Leesville,LA told me all turkey products they sale are ordered one time and sold until out. They will reorder next year what sold best this year.