turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No more Thugs!

Started by Philippe, April 08, 2013, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I bought 2 more boxes of the 3.5" 2oz #6 loads.  They got 5 boxes left.  Both Walmarts have a lot of the 3" 1 and 7/8oz #6's as well as plenty of 5's  in both 3.5" and 3". 

ChiefBubba

I checked all over down here and couldn't find any then found some about 2 hours away and bought all 12 boxes over 2 days. Chief.

Philippe

Get'em while ya can, they are all cleaned out around my area!

darn2ten

I talked to my walmarts sporting goods manager the other day. He says they get one big stocking order before the season and are not allowed to order more because they don't want a bunch left over after the season. He also says he has inquired, and they will be back next season.

paintbrush

The wallyworld up here in my part of the country didn't get any in at all this year. Plenty of winchester and remington loads though. Their sporting goods department is pretty much a joke anyways.

Philippe

Quote from: darn2ten on April 09, 2013, 09:04:16 PM
I talked to my walmarts sporting goods manager the other day. He says they get one big stocking order before the season and are not allowed to order more because they don't want a bunch left over after the season. He also says he has inquired, and they will be back next season.

Let's hope they bring them back! This time put them on more stores shelves!

goblr77

I picked up the only two boxes of 3.5" #6s that my local Walmart had on the shelf. They had a bunch of #5s in 3" & 3.5".

tomstopper

Quote from: goblr77 on April 10, 2013, 04:22:24 PM
I picked up the only two boxes of 3.5" #6s that my local Walmart had on the shelf. They had a bunch of #5s in 3" & 3.5".
same here. I have bought a lot of the #6 3.5in & all they have are size 5

Gooserbat

I better go stock up we have a bunch of 3.6 #6 at the local Wally world.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

derek

Quote from: albrubacker on April 08, 2013, 06:08:55 PM
I can't find any here in DE. Must have check 7-8 stores! Found some 31/2" #5 in MD.

Not sure what part of DE you're in but the Walmart in Elkton, MD (2min from DE) had a good stock of turkey thugs.  5s and 6s in 3 1/2" and 3" plus some 20ga loads.  Pretty good turkey selection for a walmart. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BrowningGuy88

It is looking like the Thugs will be a Blue/Gold box type commodity! It will be funny to see folks scramble to buy just one more box in a few years!!!

Philippe

Quote from: Daman on April 12, 2013, 01:05:00 PM
It is looking like the Thugs will be a Blue/Gold box type commodity! It will be funny to see folks scramble to buy just one more box in a few years!!!

I can agree with that. If federal knows whats good they will continue these shells even when the thugs show goes away. They should bring'em back in the old gold and blue boxes! Bet they's sell quicker than they currently do!

ILIKEHEVI-13

I shot 2 3" #6 and 2 3.5" 2oz #6 Thug loads Sat from my 870 and 835.  I'll just say I wasn't that impressed.  The 3" loads shot terrible.  The 3.5" out of the Star Dot did 132.  The other one sucked. 

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2013, 03:07:36 AM
I shot 2 3" #6 and 2 #.5" 2oz #6 Thug loads Sat from my 870 and 835.  I'll just say I wasn't that impressed.  The 3" loads shot terrible.  The 3.5" out of the Star Dot did 132.  The other one sucked.

Yeah yeah we know shoot hevi-7's lol :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on April 14, 2013, 04:30:37 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 14, 2013, 03:07:36 AM
I shot 2 3" #6 and 2 #.5" 2oz #6 Thug loads Sat from my 870 and 835.  I'll just say I wasn't that impressed.  The 3" loads shot terrible.  The 3.5" out of the Star Dot did 132.  The other one sucked.

Yeah yeah we know shoot hevi-7's lol :TooFunny:

Well the 7's and the magblend I shot through the Haymaker .670 in my 870 Sat sucked as well.  I can't tell you how disappointed I am in that choke.  I'm either getting my money back or going to visit Indian Creek.