turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No more Thugs!

Started by Philippe, April 08, 2013, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I was at two local walmarts today to find no more Thugs in stock. No place on the shelves and both section managers told me they cannot order anymore! Something tells me either these were a short production run or they are totally stopping production of this shell and walmart dropped them. Anyone else have any info?

remmy1187

Saw just a few boxes in 5's and 4's here. 

troutfisher13111

I would bet it is more of a Wal-Mart policy. Turkey ammo is seasonal, and they probably don't want to order more.

TauntoHawk

I just got two boxes and while im not giving out on my Hevi I would stock up on the best shooting lead Ive found in awhile if they're going away. My Wal-mart had a good stock of 6's this past saturday but we're a few weeks off our opener still.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 08, 2013, 05:29:12 PM
I just got two boxes and while im not giving out on my Hevi I would stock up on the best shooting lead Ive found in awhile if they're going away. My Wal-mart had a good stock of 6's this past saturday but we're a few weeks off our opener still.

That is the difference. Most stores in the south are almost sold out because season is half way through.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I was in my local Wal-Mart yesterday, and there were zero Thugs in stock in 12 gauge. 
(They did have some 20 gauge #5 Thugs)

There were zero #6 Turkey loads to be found in either 12 or 20 gauge, in any brand.

RickC

Quote from: troutfisher13111 on April 08, 2013, 04:42:06 PM
I would bet it is more of a Wal-Mart policy. Turkey ammo is seasonal, and they probably don't want to order more.
X2 they do the same thing here with dove and waterfowl loads. They stock up lightly before each season and dont restock whats sold.
Blessings,
Rick

Philippe

I've even called and asked Federal and nobody will say for sure or claims to know anything about these shells. I'm willing to bet it was marketing deal with walmart, once the show is gone the shells vanish.

albrubacker

I can't find any here in DE. Must have check 7-8 stores! Found some 31/2" #5 in MD.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

ILIKEHEVI-13

Both my Walmarts still have a lot. 

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 08, 2013, 06:10:09 PM
Both my Walmarts still have a lot.

Better buy a case of those 3.5-6's, i just have that feeling this was a one time deal.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well 1 Walmart only has 2 of the 3.5" #6's.  The last time I was at the other one it had quite a few.  I'll have to go check.  I know there are quite a few of the other loads. 

Isomaad

My local wally world told me today that turkey ammo period, had been deleted for the season.  I guess they figure you had better buy it before the season starts or you are just out of luck.

Philippe

I just have a feeling once that show is done these shells go away. I just find it odd that nobody at even federal can even tell me anything about the product. They act clueless when you call and ask the questions.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

BPS in Pearl, MS has 4 or 5 boxes of 3" 1 7/8 Ounce #6 Federal Strut Shok for $10 per box.
The closest thing to the Thugs, outside of Wal-Mart.