Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

This is gettin' scary!

Started by FullChoke, April 08, 2013, 10:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Am I missing the photos of what should be an ever going pile of dead turkeys? Are y'all sitting on pictures waiting for the right time to drop them on us? My wee 2 year old can't be the only fatality from all of this incredible talent in the woods. I hear crickets instead of congratulations.

What's going on my brothers?  :z-dizzy: :help:

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

We are about 1 to 2 weeks behind here in TN.  Hearing tons of birds on the roost, but then nothing when they hit the ground.  If you are not up under their roost tree you are screwed.  They are not even coming to calls!  It is weird!  Me and Leah heard 7 different gobbles today on the adjacent property to where we hunt.  Once they hit the ground....crickets. 

Sand Man

I'd say 1-2 weeks behind here as well.  Been a cold, wet spring for us here the last couple of weeks.  This time last year I had 6 birds on the ground.  I haven't heard a bird on the roost in two weeks.  Yesterday, I busted four birds on the roost well after fly down.  Just didn't understand that.  Ended up finding a strutter with no hens that I could tell.  He never made a peep and keep walking away from me.  Ate lunch, and went back after them.  Found two more strutters gobbling at everything you would throw at them between 1 and 2 o'clock.  They had hens, and the hens wanted nothing to do with me.  You guessed it. Never fired a shot.

Headed to KS this weekend.  They are predicting 40% chance of snow and 25F.  Birds should be fired up when I get there.   :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

jakesdad

I dont start in Missouri until the 15th!!!!!.Hopefully i'll have some pics soon after that!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

I came across a group of 6 gobblers and 12 hens traveling together in a big flock,not one bird making a sound.
what do you make of that????
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gagry

I have been busy at work and haven't had a chance to go to Georgia and hunt. Opening weekend has been good for me in the past, but that's history this year. Maybe I can make it up here in NC this weekend.  -Fingers crossed-

FullChoke

I will save a spot, just for you, over on the kill board!

:anim_25:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mightyjoeyoung

I don't get to start hunting them until the 27th.  Hope I can even get out then too!  Scheduled VACA but we just fired the night nurse so now I'm the ONLY nurse in the place to take care of 62 teenage boy mental health patients...good times!   ::)
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

it's not over in Ms. yet,but I'm starting to get a little nervous  :-[
it's not the harvest,it's the chase