turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga Haymaker Federal HW 7 *Pics added finally*

Started by SgtUSMC, April 08, 2013, 09:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtUSMC

Patterned the Haymaker choke on Saturday at 40 yards.   I thought it shot pretty well until I just seen a pattern in the post below mine that blew mine away.  I'm pretty new to the patterning and numbers game tho guys so please give me some opinions. 

First pic is the U-lot.  Put 130 in the 10" and put a total of 251 in a 15 inch circle.  Pretty evenly spread out.

2nd pic is the V-lot.   I think the U's did a little better but the choke seemed to shoot them both pretty consistently.  Give me your thoughts guys.  Would you be happy hunting with these patterns or would you try and squeeze more into the 10?

Fullfan

That heviweight #7 is mean stuff, not seeing your pic's though
Don't gobble at me...

mossyoakpro

That will work all day....no need to change a thing.
Phillippians 4:13

captin_hook

Bradley

Looks very good to me!! :icon_thumright:
That combo will hunt. That's a Dead Bird all day long 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. I like to play around and see how tight of a pattern I can get with different combos but truth be told I've killed more than a few turkey birds with way worse patterns than the nice one you posted. I missed a bird at about 10 yards last year and of course it was the guns fault, LOL. No really the pattern was to tight :funnyturkey:

BINK McCARTY

YR IN BUSINESS MY MAN,GOOD UNIFORM PATTERN......REALLY GOOD CORE,NO HOLES SHOULD BE GOOD , I WOULD SAY!!!

mossyoakpro

I thought the Haymaker was an IC choke....they said not to shoot the FCW in their chokes I thought but if they shoot that well I may have to try one of them. Very nice!

Sent from my mobile beard and spur enhancing device

Phillippians 4:13

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: mossyoakpro on April 13, 2013, 07:21:36 AM
I thought the Haymaker was an IC choke....they said not to shoot the FCW in their chokes I thought but if they shoot that well I may have to try one of them. Very nice!

Sent from my mobile beard and spur enhancing device
They are made by IC. But the ports and wad catchers are absent and they are advertised to be compatible with all wad types.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

noggin buster

tomstopper