OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New member from S. Carolina - NEW HUNTER... I know NOTHING!

Started by Johnny Dingo in SC, March 07, 2011, 04:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Dingo in SC

Hi everyone. I'm a 53 year old man who did NOT grow up in a hunting family. I have taught myself to fish over the years, but have NEVER hunted.

Two good friends of mine are avid Turkey hunters and for some crazy reason, they want to teach me to hunt turkey, because it's SO easy. Just kidding! I have read a few books, watched tons of videos, bought some mouth calls, which drive the wife and dog crazy, and have practiced with a slate call. Frankly, I'm completely stoked about learning this craft.

It's nice to be here!

P.S. Obviously, the turkey in my profile pic was pulled from the internet. Hopefully, I'll be able to replace it with a picture of me and my FIRST turkey in a few weeks.

turkey slayer

Basser69

randlet

:welcomeOG:  Good luck.  You are luck to have a mentor.  I hunted for 3 years with no mentor and killed 1 bird.  After that a avid turkey hunter took me under their wings and now I usually get my limit each year.

harvester

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE!!! Welcome Johnny Dingo in SC, good luck on getting your first gobbler this spring.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

PANYHunter

:hello99: :welcomeOG: You're in the right place to learn about turkey hunting.  Good luck on your first bird.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Johnny Dingo in SC

Thanks to ALL for your WELCOMES! Looking forward to reading posts, learning, and checking out this seasons picture posts!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkeyhunter60

BIG FRANK...