turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WTB Choke Mossberg 835

Started by Bradley, April 06, 2013, 09:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley

I'M looking for a choke for a Mossberg 835 with a 24" barrel that will keep a tight pattern out to 40yards. I have tried a Jellyhead, tightwad, undertaker, lohman, and the factory choke. I have tried lots of different shot combos with all these chokes. Hoping one of you Guys might have a choke you might want to sell that might help me tighten up my pattern.
Thanks, Brad

Newram05

I have a kicks in .677 I think.

chatterbox

If you are interested in a lead only choke, I have an Indian Creek .650 that shoots lead 6's quite well that I will let go for 45.00 shipped.

ILIKEHEVI-13

You might want to try a Pure Gold .670, Indian Creek BDS .675, or TruGlo SSX .670.  All 3 of these chokes are probably some of the best choke currently on the market for the 835.  Keep on the look out for a Star Dot original choke.  The one I have shoots the best 10" patterns over all of these at 40yds.  The Pure Gold probably shoots the best 20" numbers. 

Bradley

Thanks alot Hevi. I will put up a post for a star dot.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Bradley on April 07, 2013, 02:19:12 PM
Thanks alot Hevi. I will put up a post for a star dot.

Trust me that's like finding gold.  It may take week or months to even find one.  But if I were you, I would just buy a Pure Gold or Indian Creek choke and be done with it.  Those are American made chokes.  The SSX is made in China.  But that is up to you.  The Pure Gold will give you the better 20" turkey hunting pattern. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's providing if you use the Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 loads.  Or I should say that is the way it was in my 28" Moss 835 barrel.

Philippe

My 835 loves the pure gold and star dot, then i would have to say either the madd super maxx or the indian creek bds. If i were in your shoes and you want something that will perform off the shelf, grab the pure gold or indian creek bds and be done with it.

Bradley

Thanks for all the input Guys. Off the shelf sounds great but I live a 110 miles from the closest WalMart so unfortunately off the shelf isn't an option for me, LOL :funnyturkey:

TnTurk

Quote from: Bradley on April 07, 2013, 10:39:05 PM
Thanks for all the input Guys. Off the shelf sounds great but I live a 110 miles from the closest WalMart so unfortunately off the shelf isn't an option for me, LOL :funnyturkey:
DANG!!! I didn't know places like that even existed.  :alien: or :boon:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Bradley on April 07, 2013, 10:39:05 PM

I don't think your going to find a Pure Gold on Indian Creek choke at any Walmart.  There's none around here that has those chokes.  Just call Bill Davis and order a Pure Gold .670.  It will take 3 days to get it if you can get him on the phone. 

Bradley

I wasn't referring to a Pure Gold or IC chokes being sold at Walmart. I was responding to a post by Phillipe. He stated " if he was in my shoes he would pick up something off the self. Thus my comment about living so far from a  Walmart as an example of how far out from civilization I live. I have a Sumtoy on my Benelli M2 20 gauge and I love it, so I thought about giving William a call.

nhbones

so the 835 star dot that I got for $5 at a waterfowlers gear trading event was a good deal...it does shoot a lot tighter pattern that the Mossberg one that came with a turkey gun/barrel that I bought