turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What mount for a first turkey?

Started by sugarray, March 07, 2011, 01:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I am praying I can get my son his first turkey this year.  He is 6.  I do not want a full mount nor a full cape.  Just wanted ask and see some pics of mounts that are more than just the fan.  Any recs as what to get as well.

Thanks
Raymond

hobbes

If this link doens't take you directly to the photo, go to Turkeys and photo TK102.  This is Cally Morris's  (Hazel Creek Taxidermy) sight.  These will be considerably more expensive than a fan mount because they require almost the same effort that a full mount does, but they take up a lot less space.  They look much better than the kits with the turkey head.

http://www.hazelcreekinc.com/taxidermy.htm

These still require a good taxidermist or they'll look like .................you know what.

TRKYHTR

This is the best looking mount between a fan mount and a full body mount. Most half mounts don't have the wings and I think it gives it a little more realism. I got this picture from the NWTF site. Whitt's son mounts these turkeys.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sugarray

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was thinking about.

Basser69

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 07, 2011, 10:22:33 PM
This is the best looking mount between a fan mount and a full body mount. Most half mounts don't have the wings and I think it gives it a little more realism. I got this picture from the NWTF site. Whitt's son mounts these turkeys.

TRKYHTR

I really like this idea! Thanks for sharing

matchbook454

Here's one that I did last year for a guy.  I like the one above with the wings though.  I'll probably do one of those this year.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TURKEYSLAYER101

I like that half mount with the wings. Gonna have to get a couple done like that.

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!