turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FFIII Users 3MOA or 8MOA?

Started by beagler, April 04, 2013, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

Just curious what size dots you guys are using on your FFIII's, 3MOA or 8MOA?
Never Misses

Byhalia

3 here !!!!    like it alot     :smiley-char092:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Gumby

It's really a personal preference. I say go with whichever you or your eyes like best. I have an old Aimpoint Mag-Dot that is 10 moa. Many on here would tell ya that is too big. Perfect in my opinion.

chatterbox

8 MOA for me. Perfect size IMO.

DUCKDIGGLER

A big fan of the 8 moa! I have 1 3 moa and 2 8 moa......I'd gladly trade the 3 moa for another 8 moa....for a turkey rig...it is perfect IMO. :z-winnersmiley:

spaightlabs

8.  Unless you are gonna be shooting your turkey at 200 yards you will see everything just fine.

I guess I should add that Burris Optics (guess who he works for?) runs an 8 for Turks, and he could probably change that out pretty easily if it was a problem...

btmonnat

I bought the 3 just in case I want to try it on my deer rifle. I like the 3 so far but it is personal preference. It appears bigger if you turn up the brightness.

shuey270

I like the 3 it's small but very easy to see!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

deerpoo22

Unless you have bad eyesight, I don't see any reason to go with an 8. 3 moa is much more clean and precise.

BurrisOptics

You'll see them both easily even in the brightest sunlight so that's not really an issue for those of us that can still fairly decent.  I'm using the 8 simply because that's what I have and I have no reason to swap it out.  The only thing I've noticed is that when the birds are too far for me to be shooting at the dot sure looks big.  I like that because I know I need to reassess whether or not to take that shot.  I'm one of the few still shooting lead so I need them inside of 40 yards to feel comfortable.  At 50 yards the dot is noticeably bigger yet you can still see the head and neck.  With the 3 I don't really notice a difference even at a couple hundred yards. 

As most people have been saying it's just personal preference.  If you have the 3 then run the 3.  I see no reason not to use that one either. 

mudhen

3 for me, and I usually use the 2 lower settings, the top setting a pretty bright.

I really like the lower settings, not too bright, not too dark.

I'd be willing to bet that both the 3 & the 8 are great on lower settings, but the 8 might be pretty bright and starburst-like on the high setting...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

shuey270

Also with the 3 you can still see his head around the dot!

spaightlabs

I don't need to see his head.  Cover the head up, squeeze the trigger until the ever so crisp 7.5 pound Benelli trigger fires and adios. :fud:

TNhunterKMC