turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smith Call's PA

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, April 03, 2013, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Just wondering if any one has a call from them or know if they are still up and running.My buddy has a Sweat Butter Nut box call from them and I would like to get one,but he told me that he had heard the ol man that ran it passed away.They are in Summerville PA.

DirtNap647

my buddy has a box call that he oves made by themhe actually just asked me the other day if they were still goin we found i believe to be them on ebay

paboxcall

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 03, 2013, 11:57:38 PM
Just wondering if any one has a call from them or know if they are still up and running.My buddy has a Sweat Butter Nut box call from them and I would like to get one,but he told me that he had heard the ol man that ran it passed away.They are in Summerville PA.

Memories....Called in my very first fall bird on my very first fall hunt with one of those Smith butternut boxes.  Just mimicked the yelping I heard, and here the flock comes.

I gave that box away many years ago and regretted doing so since.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WV Ridge Reaper

I will check eBay

Paboxcall I know what ya mean,this sweet butter nut box just talks turkey,he has had it since we was in high school.I loves the call the second we sit down and started calling.

Devastator

i have 2 of them box's and love mine.i think they were bought out by a company called protector??in galeton pa.i had one of there calls and it didn't come close to the originals.

paboxcall

:drool:

That's the one right there!  Forgot about the little swing door and hole in the box end for a small piece of chalk.

Nice one!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WV Ridge Reaper

You want to sell one ? I called the number on the call today and never got a answer.

Devastator

Nope,no sell,the second one i have i worked with a guy and said his dad that had just died had a box full of calls and i could have anything in the box i want.guess what,there was one of these,i about crapped my pants :o

WV Ridge Reaper

Ok,I did find them from that protector company you spoke about $23 for one.Its with a try I suppose.

Devastator

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 05, 2013, 01:05:54 PM
Ok,I did find them from that protector company you spoke about $23 for one.Its with a try I suppose.
good luck with  them,i bought 3 and they were not even close.

WildSpur

Interesting.

When I was in high school my buddy and I were working a bird.  The bird would just give us a courtesy gobble here and there.  All of the sudden the bird went nuts gobbling and quickly walked away.  A little later we got up and did eventually see another hunter.  Turns out he got the bird fired up with a "sweet butternut" box call.  We never heard of it.  Now I know what he was using!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: timb on April 05, 2013, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 05, 2013, 01:05:54 PM
good luck with  them,i bought 3 and they were not even close.

Do you have another box call you would recommend ?

rotalley

I have 5 sweet butternut calls from Mr. Smith. Two of which he signed and dated the very last day he was in buisness. One of the unsigned calls could be bought.

gwa

I have an ST-17 which was his bigger box. Also a sweet butternut and one of his ceramic pocket slates.....