OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

REM 11-87 SM – new pattern results

Started by FL-Boss, April 02, 2013, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

I had everything set up with HEVI #7 3in, but decided to try the 3.5in, since my gun can shoot 3.5in.  Here are the results with JH .660. I gained around 60 hits by switching to the 3.5in #7

nyhunter

Thats a great pattern but sounds like the 3" is good to.

captin_hook

alclark2

That will for sure result in a jelly head! Looks like you have a good even pattern around the 10 also for most of it.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

remmy1187

That is a very nice even pattern, I would be quite happy with that.

Philippe

Thats a sweet pattern! That JH .660 is mean, my 870 love it with lead or mag blends, havent shot straight 6's or 7's out of it yet.

beagler

Never Misses

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

FttFttVroom!

That looks a lot like my 870 Supermag with .660 Jellyhead pattern.  You are good to go!

BandedSpur

BrowningGuy88

DirtNap647

looks like some dead turkeys in the future :OGturkeyhead:

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

ILIKEHEVI-13

FL-Boss

I like it too... but not sure it's the most practical choke for actual turkey hunting. Yes.. it looks good on paper for "show and tell" But for hunting I think I need to open it up a little bit... don't want the gun to shoot like a bullet at 25 yards as most shots in my area are 20-35 yards.

I'm going to try the Wrights #1 .670 next week -  I know I will sacrifice less hits in the 10in at 40 yards.. but it should spread out better in the 20in ring.. which is what I want..  more margin for error..
We'll see...