Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Off for 2 weeks, turkeys beware!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 01, 2013, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Got off duty this morning and am getting my things in order. Gonna try to take off for Carolina later today to try those "Easy Easterns" ;) out again! (That's an inside joke - Turkeywhacker understands) Might even get a wild hair and blast out to Bama, Georgia or Virginia. Who knows? ??? I'm gonna spend as much time in the woods as I can the next 2 weeks though. :icon_thumright:
After all, someone has to kill some birds :fud: :OGani: for our team!! ;) ;D :lol:
Good luck guys!!

Hayudog

TWO WEEKS.  Sounds like you are practicing being retired!  I've got an American Airlines voucher burning a hole in my pocket.  Birds those Bama Boys are posting look like they grow some with hooks down there.

Hey Rut, looks like some of the other teams keep a running score thread.  Looks like they use their roll call roster and edit it with bird scores.  It also might motivate some of us that have not posted up a bird to stay after them. 

WildSpur

Good luck!  I am jealous.  We still have 27 more days til our opener!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

Yep us Pa. boys cant wait till that opener. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TURKEYWHACKER

Best of luck with them "easy" birds brother. I've had a couple close calls but no shots fired yet. I'll be back after those Osceolas on hammered public land again Sunday.

RutnNStrutn

The last 2 years I was practicing for retirement. I took a month and a half off both times!! This year I took 10a days off, then back for a week, now 2 weeks off then back for a week, then off 1 more week to end the season.

RutnNStrutn

Hayudog, I'll check that out when I get back in town.
Good luck guys!!

blackmagic

Get em Rut!  I look forward to the pictures and stories.
I've been on birds the past two hunts....stupid sexy hen took bird friday, and the allure of "the greener grass over there"  (which it was) boned me on sunday.
I'll put it together here sooner or later.

Oh...you're gonna go hunt MY birds ;)

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on April 02, 2013, 06:10:38 PM
Best of luck with them "easy" birds brother. I've had a couple close calls but no shots fired yet. I'll be back after those Osceolas on hammered public land again Sunday.

RutnNStrutn

Well, I'm back. 9 days of hunting and it SUCKED!!!! >:(
Bouts of lousy weather, henned up gobblers, very little gobbling at all = a very frustrating 9 days. I got so discouraged that I came home early to hunt birds on pressured public land here in FLA. I'll meet up with you and Whacker on Friday, Sunday or both.

Twowithone

RutnNStrutn

Good luck man, I'll bet you are pumped!! :you_rock:
I'm trying to figure out ways to extend my season. :lol: This is the time of year that sucks for us southern boys. You guys have to wait while you read about us slaying birds. But I think its worse for us. Our season is over for another year, then we have to watch while you guys slay the birds.
Bust a biggun!! :icon_thumright:

Twowithone

RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn

I am headed out tomorrow and Sunday on some hard pressured, but open without permits, public land. Odds ain't good, but anything can happen. :funnyturkey: