OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thuggin

Started by STRYKER, March 30, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRYKER

Last week was the first time i shot thugs out of my new 1300. I thought they did pretty good but this was my first time patterning a gun so i really didnt know much about the numbers. Then i got to reading what everybody else's best pattern was and i got to feeling a lil better about it. Last week i shot a 142 in 10" at a lazered 40. Well then today i shot a little to adjust my sights and figured i would shoot a 40 for the heck of it and BAM there it was 161. I couldnt believe it, seems that ssx and 3" number 6s were a match made in heaven.

Tom Foolery

Wow, great numbers.

Philippe

Those are damn good PB numbers for those 3" shells.

BandedSpur

Congrats on some great patterns, esp for 3".

the Ward

All i can say is WOW!those are incredible numbers for a 3" lead shell at 40 yards! :OGturkeyhead:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Imagine that.  160 with a 3" shell, and it's NOT HTL.  It costs $1.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 01, 2013, 08:40:05 AM
Imagine that.  160 with a 3" shell, and it's NOT HTL.  It costs $1.

who would have believed it possible,without spending an arm and a leg
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

stinkpickle

I found a box of the 3-1 7/8-6's at the local wally world yesterday and bought it just to try.  Hopefully, I'll get a nice day soon.

TnTurk

Quote from: STRYKER on March 30, 2013, 08:36:43 PM
Last week was the first time i shot thugs out of my new 1300. I thought they did pretty good but this was my first time patterning a gun so i really didnt know much about the numbers. Then i got to reading what everybody else's best pattern was and i got to feeling a lil better about it. Last week i shot a 142 in 10" at a lazered 40. Well then today i shot a little to adjust my sights and figured i would shoot a 40 for the heck of it and BAM there it was 161. I couldnt believe it, seems that ssx and 3" number 6s were a match made in heaven.
Just curious as to what length barrel your 1300 has?

STRYKER

Its a 28" barrel. I had never shot a shotgun with a barrel that long before and when i added that choke to it, it made it that much longer. Now it feels like i could tap em on the shoulder with it to get em to stop so i can shoot. But i am really happy with the way it shoots.

tomstopper

Nice. I have always used the Winchester supremes #6  3inch out of mine with similar numbers & now I am curious to see what the thugs would do.....