OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

5 round boxes

Started by Rockhound, March 29, 2013, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anyone found a good box to carry 5 shells in? The ones the shells come in aren't stout enough to survive a season in my vest

3" 870 Shell Shucker

How about a shell pouch that folds and snaps shut?  I bought one for $10 or $15, but I rarely use it, because I have shell holders / loops in the pockets of my turkey vest.

Balla1982

If your vest doesn't have shell loops I'd just wrap a rubber band around them and throw em in your pocket. Or get a stock shell holster for you gun.

Grouse870

The maxpedition volta pouch holds 5 rounds of 12 gauge 2 3/4 or 3"

Philippe

I just stick a few in an old 5 rd hevi-shot box and put them in a ziplock incase it rains and i stick them in one of the pouches on my vest.

mudhen

Nope.  Just a few 10 round types, and they are not what I'm looking for.

I just tape up the 5-shot boxes I use, and travel with them in ziplock bags...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

FttFttVroom!

I only carry what my gun will hold.  I usually only get one, MAYBE two shots off max. 

bushwhacker

I put three in my gun on opening morning and 3 more in my vest. If I shoot I immediately replace the empty from my vest and then when I get back to the truck I replace the one in my vest.

Neill_Prater

I load 3 in my gun, and carry one extra round in the shellholder pocket of my vest. I used to carry multiple extra rounds, but after 35 years of chasing turkeys, realized not once have I ever expended more than 3 rounds on a single hunt. The extra shell is too shoot myself with if I ever goof up and miss a bird 3 times again, which, I think I have only done a couple of times in the past.  ;)