Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rock and Roll Baby!

Started by FullChoke, March 29, 2013, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Just as I predicted, the turks in central Mississippi around the first of April have started their engines and they are flat revving them up. Went to an unnamed WMA before work and heard 5 different gobblers trying to hammer the leaves off of the trees this morning. I thought that I would be upgrading my score sheet this morning, but it turned out that I was sitting in the exact wrong spot. Good news is that I now know where the exact right spot is!

There is no guarantee in turkey hunting, just improved chances.

Brothers, I have a date with destiny tomorrow morning!

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

As an update to my previous post. I went back to the same area the next morning and the first gobble was at 6:14. I took off down towards the river to cut off his route from the day before....wanna guess? He went the other way. I heard hens with him, so that will have to be my excuse for this one. When he finally ran out, he had purged himself of 81 gobbles. Unlike the day before, he was the only gobbling bird that I heard in that swamp.

Gobblers are the only game that I hunt that makes me grin and shake my head when they elude me. I love this magnificent sport.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

glad to hear that you are working some birds
good luck to you on your quest for that 2nd bird
doesn't look like I'm going to be helping the team out any time soon,but we will see
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

OK, I will take the taring and feathering today.  Had the big boy in my sights with the safety off, but he wasn't in the video camera yet.  We never could get the camera on him because he never would come all the way to the decoys (had 15 hens with him).  I had to let him walk. 

FullChoke

Sand Man

:TrainWreck1:

A bird in hand is better than two on camera!   :toothy12:  :toothy12:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Eric Gregg

gophert

Quote from: Eric Gregg on April 05, 2013, 11:45:30 PM
Pull the trigger!!!! :OGani: :fud: :newmascot: :smiley-char092:

You guys crack me up!  I should have warned you about the camera issue I have before you let me on the team.. :TooFunny:

It would have been a left hand shot so I thought he was going to make it to the decoys.  I guess he just decided that those 15 hens were too much to leave.  I can guarantee you this...THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!