OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

best choke tube mossberg 935

Started by Buckeye_Strutter_935, March 25, 2013, 11:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

hey guys love this site finally found a great turkey hunting forum....ok i have a mossberg 935 with a stock choke tube theres no ports in it the gun is prolly 6 or 7 years hold i bought it new and i shoot 3.5 #5 winchester turkey supremes HV....i was wondering which choke tube patterns the best for this gun and what bullet combo also THANKS  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me

BrowningGuy88

I am shooting mine with the factory Ulti Full and Federal 5's and 6's in 3.5" 2.25 ounce version of the old Pre FCW shells.

I am going to buy a Kicks or a SumToy after season goes out. Anything that works in the 835 should work well in the 935. There is a lot of 835 info on this site.

ILIKEHEVI-13

:welcomeOG:

I have a 835 which has the exact same .775 overbored barrel as the 935 and takes the exact same chokes which is Accu-Mag.  The best chokes currently out there on the market that I have shot are the Pure Gold .670, Indian Creek .675, TruGlo SSX .670, and Jelly Head .690.  I typically shoot a Star Dot .676 that is the most consistent for 10" patterns from what I have seen from my barrel.  I typically shoot Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's.  I have't found anything else production wise on the market that will beat them for the most densest patterns.  But any of the Hevi-13 loads will work.   

BrowningGuy88

Forgot to mention the Truglo Bone Collector Smack Down choke. It is a real shooter. Look for Mightyjoeyoung's post in the pattern pictures section.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Daman on March 26, 2013, 10:06:41 AM
Forgot to mention the Truglo Bone Collector Smack Down choke. It is a real shooter. Look for Mightyjoeyoung's post in the pattern pictures section.

I'm going off of what I have firsthand experience on.  I haven't shot the Bone Collector choke yet.  I'm sure it's all the Joe says it is. 

Buckeye_Strutter_935

thanks for all the help guys i was looking at the indian creek and the kicks ..but now i know what works well really appreciate the info.  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me

dogwood

I have the 935 with a Pure Gold .670 shooting the bronze colored Hevi 3.5" 2 1/4 oz 6 shot and it shoots an awesome pattern to 40 yards.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Buckeye_Strutter_935 on March 25, 2013, 11:46:45 PM
hey guys love this site finally found a great turkey hunting forum....ok i have a mossberg 935 with a stock choke tube theres no ports in it the gun is prolly 6 or 7 years hold i bought it new and i shoot 3.5 #5 winchester turkey supremes HV....i was wondering which choke tube patterns the best for this gun and what bullet combo also THANKS  :icon_thumright:

I have that exact same gun. The best combo that I've found includes either the #6 or #7 Hevi-13 shells, your pick of 3" or 3.5", I shoot the 3" normally and the SSX Turkey Choke.

I will recommend that whatever you shoot, you "deep clean" the bore of that gun. It really helps all guns but especially the 835s and 935s. They were the guns that inspired me to write the article.

Good luck this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

No need to do anything but go get you a 675 and have fun.  ST, IC, or Star Dot. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Buckeye_Strutter_935

just ordered the ssx choke should get it in a week ill let you know how it does thanks for all the help :turkey2:
Feathers Fear Me

ILIKEHEVI-13

We want to see some patterns. 

And SumToy makes some good chokes as well.  I didn't mean to leave your chokes out William.  I was just passing on what I have firsthand experience on.  But I know a lot of guys are having great luck with SumToy chokes.