OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Dead Ringer Beard Buster sights  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Philippe

• The Boss Gobbler
Dead Ringer Beard Buster sights
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
Well they looks nice on the gun sofar, two biggest downfalls are the possibility of not enough adjustment and the hex screws they provide strip the heads very easily. They need to upgrade these screws to stainless or a better hardened grade. So with that said now I need to find a way to extract two of these screws with stripped heads.

Other than that they fit fine, look good and we'll have to see how well they perform in the field.

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
Re: Dead Ringer Beard Buster sights
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »
I would suggest turning the screws from the bottom with needle nosed pliers if you can. I have this sight on my gun and so far so good. I only got 2 shots off with it at the range today before the 3.5 shells broke my gun, but that's another story. I think the sights look great and can't wait to try them in the field.

Offline carbonelement

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
How did these end up working out? I've been thinking about getting a set.

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
I never got a chance to even pattern my gun with them. By the time the new parts (broken by the 3.5" shells) came in, I had to cut it off with a hacksaw due to the screws getting stripped because I only wanted the front sight for ducks. I would like to get another one but will not be able to order one in time to pattern my gun tomorrow.