turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Comp-n-choke

Started by earlybird, March 23, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlybird

Just thought i'd throw this out there to see what responses were.I was noticing that there are very few topics about the comp-n-choke tubes.Does anyone use them or have anything good or bad to say about them?

stinkpickle

They are awesome tubes for lead shot...my favorite, actually.  BUT, they don't recommend shooting hevishot with them, so I think that's why a lot of guys on here avoid them.

Yoder409

C-N-C tubes are all I run with lead shot.

AWESOME patterns !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ahfox16

For years I ran a CNC out of SBE using Winchester HV 3.5" size 5's.  I destroyed turkey's with that shell, then Winchester changed the recipe and my results went into the toilet.  I was using the .655 out of that gun.  I never tried it with Hevishot because it wasn't recommended for it.

Oconeeguy

C-N-C in a .670 gives me the best lead pattern in my BPS with Rem 3"-2oz-#5. I have 91 at 40 yds, not bad for #5 shot from an unpolished barrel.

R AJ

Several years ago I bought a Baikal MP-153 and later a XXX Full C-N-C. I was at a friends place and there were some egrets feeding in a field near us. I lined up two of them at around 45-50 yards and with Win 3.5- 21/4oz. #5s dropped both with one shot and they went down just like shooting ducks at a carnival. We looked at each other and figured "thatldo."

Those chokes were built around Win Supreme #6 lead loads.
His web site does show one blown up and he doesn't suggest anything in HTL except maybe Win elite.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I wish I had one to try with Lead loads.  They have a strong reputation for good patterns with Lead shells.  Lead loads are all I can afford to pattern anymore.  HTL prices are silly expensive by comparison.  I can afford to pattern all the Lead loads I want to.  HTL would be a shell here, and a shell there.