turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Haint or hale fire

Started by nickhrp, March 23, 2013, 02:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

Gonna try and make a run at learning to use a tube gobble call for next season just wondering anybody's take on these two or if there's a better one for a beginner with a tube so to speak
God Bless the Outdoors

reynolds243

I'd get a tube call from a reputable maker here in OG before either. However the hale fire is easier to blow but the Haint (if done correctly which is hard to do) sounds better.

nickhrp

Ok thanks is there a specific call maker you know that builds theses kind of calls
God Bless the Outdoors

reynolds243

Mike Yingling makes a good tube, I have one of his. There are a few others though that make good tubes on here.

nickhrp

How do I get in touch with him
God Bless the Outdoors

Hankyorke

Just search tube calls and you'll get a bunch if call makers

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

TauntoHawk

Just got a pappy tube call with brass insert yesterday and after 10min I can ripe better gobbles with it then the hale fire I have had for a year by a long shot
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nickhrp

Yeah I'm dumping the idea on the haint and hale fire gonna see if I can get a yingling instead besides I got the custom call bug anyway thanks to the pics and sound files on here not to mention my new misfire call that is awesome by the way but my wife is not very happy lol
God Bless the Outdoors

M,Yingling

I said it would be 3 weeks before i got to the tube but found these already made in cabinet and just had to put some finish on them and they are ready to go 23 TYD ,,,Take your pick ,,
Right around 3 1/4 in long

Ash    Osage     Hackberry Spalted         Flamed Boxelder

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

nickhrp

I messaged you about the Osage but the more I look at the hackberry spalted  the more I like it so that's the one thank you they all are very nice
God Bless the Outdoors

Byhalia

Quote from: M,Yingling on March 26, 2013, 06:07:51 PM

I said it would be 3 weeks before i got to the tube but found these already made in cabinet and just had to put some finish on them and they are ready to go 23 TYD ,,,Take your pick ,,
Right around 3 1/4 in long

Ash    Osage     Hackberry Spalted         Flamed Boxelder

nice looking Calls :drool: !!!!
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

reynolds243

Good looking tubes Mike. That hackberry looks sweet!

nickhrp

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 26, 2013, 08:41:38 PM
Good looking tubes Mike. That hackberry looks sweet!
Thanks for the refferal
God Bless the Outdoors

reynolds243

Np bud. Mikes a good dude and makes some very nice calls. There are bunch of great call makers here you would be happy with as well but dealt with Mike the past few years and its aways been a pleasure