Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 03/22/2013 " All of a sudden"

Started by BOFF, March 22, 2013, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This week has been a week of  "All of a sudden". From the death of those we thought would be  here a lot longer, emergency surgeries, answered prayers, and gobblers coming in silent to make a start to finish (walking away with bird on back) hunt of 20 minutes maximum.

God's Word tells us the same:

Matthew 24:36-45 (NIV)

36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

With the gobbler yesterday which  came in, I was unprepared. My gun was down and he had arrived quickly. Fortunately it worked out for me, and not the gobbler. However, with the Lord, we are not certain in His time of coming back.

Do you know Him, and have you accepted his free gift of salvation? Will it work out for you if He came back today?

Heavenly Father,

We thank You for the salvation we have through Your son Jesus. The gift of salvation which is free, and readily available. May we be on the lookout at all times for Your arrival, and may we be found armed and ready with Your Word and armour. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you for the words, David.  And congrats on the bird.

Roostem33

Great devotional David, and we sure don't know when He is coming back!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mark72

Genesis 9:3 ESV 
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.