Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Braving the elements

Started by Eric Gregg, March 22, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Wish me luck tomorrow morning. I know that we need a kill so I am going to tough it out and see if I can't get one before the rain gets unbearable. Hopefully if there is a slack in it the birds will want to get the wet off their feathers and move around a bit.

It would be great to pull off my first bird in not so perfect conditions. It is like my cousin who introduced me to turkey hunting says "it is all about how bad you want it".
Wish me luck :newmascot:

land cruiser

gophert

Good luck Eric!!!!   Our Juvenile hunt tomorrow has rain and snow in the forecast, but we will be out there.  You can't kill one in the bed!  :fud:

FullChoke

Eric,

My 4 year old, public land, sunset of the last evening of the season, I haven't gotten one yet this year, monster of a trophy bird made me sit out in a torrential down pour to have myself in position to get him. He died just like he would have if the sun was shining. Check out clearings and fields. The birds seem to prefer heading to those when the skies open up. The only problem with rain is that it gives your dead turkey that wet-cat look.

Don't stay home, surprise them by being there. I will be out in it as well. That's why God made Goretex.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

FullChoke

Quote from: gophert on March 22, 2013, 08:09:36 AM
Good luck Eric!!!!   Our Juvenile hunt tomorrow has rain and snow in the forecast, but we will be out there.  You can't kill one in the bed!  :fud:

Tim, good luck to you and Leah tomorrow! How about we drop you and sign her up for the team!   ;D   :z-flirtysmile3:  :anim_25:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on March 22, 2013, 10:12:59 AM
Quote from: gophert on March 22, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

Tim, good luck to you and Leah tomorrow! How about we drop you and sign her up for the team!   ;D   :z-flirtysmile3:  :anim_25:

FC

I would highly suggest that!  She does hold the biggest turkey record in our family.  I hate to say it, but the girl is just plain lucky!!!

Here she is with her turkey dance.  I am hoping we see everyone on our team doing this soon. 

http://youtu.be/nW0Vbepmjb0

Gagry