turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

hevi #7

Started by knightrider, March 19, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider

how many hunt with the #7 hevi i love the looks of all the patterns just leary of the small shot, it is hard to change after shooting big ole shot at em for 20 years, ive read where they have knockdown of lead 5 any one have any pics of actuall damage done on the birds not just tiny holes in paper thanks guys :funnyturkey: :bible:

spaightlabs

You don't need to worry.  They are deadly as all get out at 40 and absolutely devastating inside of 30.

FttFttVroom!

Another fan of the Hevi 7's here!  Somebody posted pics of a turkey last year he shot at a pretty good distance.  The damage was impressive.  I put one down just shy of 40 yds last Spring with them and it may as well have been lead 4's. 

Tom Foolery

Don't worry, they have all the "knock down" you could ever want at any sensible range.  I was a #4 lead guy until I killed a couple with Hevi #6's and I was all over them until I smashed a couple with the 7's.  I killed one well north of 40 last season and the 7's broke the offside wing.

AndyH

I've got a pic on here somewhere of a coyote I killed a couple years back with Hevi 7. If it will kill a coyote stone dead at 35 yards it will definately kill a turkey.

Gold Spur

You will get a clean kill at 40 yds. no problem. I took a bird last year at 40 yds. and it didn't even flop after being shot.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Borden811

Here's the head and neck I skinned out of one I shot at 37 yards, after blowing through a 1" sapling I never saw, until I went to pick up the bird. It completely wrecked him. Head is on the left, by the way.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a few photos of one I killed at a good 40yds.  The 7's looked like to me most blew completely through the neck and some shot went all the way through the breast and out the other side which you will see in the photos below.  Shot this bird which was 24lbs with my 870 3" 2oz #7's and a MAD Super Max .675 choke. 

Here's the side I shot him on which was the right.  I aimed in the middle of the neck. 

I was just like you.  I was sketical at first until I seen what they would do on cardboard.  Then I seen firsthand what they will do after a biopsy.  The biopsy report said this bird died from multiple(I think these pictures give new meaning to the word multiple) shot wounds. 

Trust me switching to Hevi-13 #7's is the best move you will ever make. 

I hope this lays your doubts or anybody elses to rest about the Hevi-13 #7's.   

Here's how the shells from that lot # was shooting on cardboard at a taped 40yds that I sent towards that bird.  Sort of puts things into perspective of what his chances were. 

FL-Boss

I killed one last Sat with HEVI #7.....works for me.

7shooter

Awsome load! I have broke some wings and legs with stray pellets out of that load. It is wicked.

30_06

Shot this one with #7's at 35 yards last year. It is pretty graphic.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Borden811

30_06

Quote from: Borden811 on March 21, 2013, 06:00:50 PM
35, or 3.5?

Definitely 35. Just checked my records though, and this was 2 years ago, not last year. Sorry about that.

Gumby

Is that an Ithaca?