OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hunting updates. Who's hunting and hows it going?

Started by bornagain64, March 19, 2013, 06:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarbo03

Those are always hard to swallow, but it happens. Go get him next time.

firstflight111

I am still watching turkeys, yet for about 36 more hours then youth season starts  this Saturday :dancingturkey: :blob10: :blob10: :blob10:. can't wait till big boy season starts  :drool: :drool:

CUPPED AND COMMITTED

jarbo03

Hunting with my dad in the morning, try to get him a bird. After he has one down I will improve my score given the opportunity. If not, I'll keep my tag for a Rio next weekend.

timberjack86

Got my upgrade spotted. Went Saturday with my brother and my dad. Got within 70 yards of the roost and watched one flydown. He started our way then the big one flew down. He made the other one look small. They bumped and strutted around each other till their hens flew down. Then started up the field towards my dad who was waiting with a crossbow. My dad missed the big guy and the gobbler didn't even know it. He let them walk out of sight before he reloaded.Looks like rain Wensday . If it does I will be ready to put The Tennessee ambush on him Thursday. If that don't work Gonna try him midday and Friday.

jarbo03

Quote from: timberjack86 on April 22, 2013, 08:55:14 PM
Got my upgrade spotted. Went Saturday with my brother and my dad. Got within 70 yards of the roost and watched one flydown. He started our way then the big one flew down. He made the other one look small. They bumped and strutted around each other till their hens flew down. Then started up the field towards my dad who was waiting with a crossbow. My dad missed the big guy and the gobbler didn't even know it. He let them walk out of sight before he reloaded.Looks like rain Wensday . If it does I will be ready to put The Tennessee ambush on him Thursday. If that don't work Gonna try him midday and Friday.
Good luck, get him knocked down.O0

timberjack86

Quote from: jarbo03 on April 23, 2013, 08:53:33 PM
Quote from: timberjack86 on April 22, 2013, 08:55:14 PM
Good luck, get him knocked down.O0
Thanks. I am gonna try in the morning.

neverstopchasin

should be able to hunt this wk end. finally had to work a sat, i told them i aint a sorry worker except deer/turkey season lol.they found the boy who stole my turkey vest with my calls and i got everything excep the vest back so gonna try this sat. i hope that one i called up a few wks ago aint dead yet cause he may move my score up!

timberjack86

Everything went as planned this morning except the turkeys took to the other side of the field this morning. My dad got a shot but missed again! Enough of the farm turkey crap. I am heading to some woods this weekend.