News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 is down!!

Started by turkeykiller22, March 19, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Well here is how it went...

Woke up this morning and got dressed, threw my vest and gun in the truck and went to start the truck... the battery was dead. No big deal, one of my friends cars was at the house, popped the hood, and could not find the stinking battery!! DANG JEEPS!!!! So i got my roommtes truck and jumped mine off. Now im about 10 mins late, nothing I cant make up. Then I realiaze I have no gas... Drive to the gas station, then the pump doesnt work. Go to leave to go to another station and my truck wont start again!!!!

Finally got someone to help me jump it off.... after all it is 5.00AM in the morning! I a feeling it was a bad connection, so I went home to get some tools. Got my tools in my truck, ready to roll out and my truck wouldnt start AGAIN!!!!

Got my tools and tried to tighten down the bolts and could not... So i waited a few thought about and said God If you want me to go hunting this morning please help start my truck. It wouldnt start.... So i went inside and read my devotional and watched espn for a while.

Once 7:30 rolled around I went to the auto parts store in my roommates truck and got some new bolts and nuts. Came back put them on, and she cranked right up!!

Fast forward a little. I get to a spot that I have never hunted before and decided to go at it about 9:00AM. Walk in about 1.5 miles and walk down to the top of a ridge. I sat down and was fixing to pull my slate call out when I thought I heard a gobble up the creek that was below me. I wasnt positive but I decided to head that way. I got up there about 400 yds and setup. Called a few times real soft, and less than 5 mins later I heard one drumming.

Never did see him, I waited about 30mins and decided to go to the top of the next ridge which was about 50 yds. Made it there, stopped and I could hear him drumming. So I crawled up to a tree and sat down and started scratching the leaves and yelping. Sure enough he started drumming some more, and he was CLOSE! about 30 mins later I could see a hen coming my way about 40 yds..

I got my head down on my gun and started looking for him behind her. Thats when I noticed about 9-10 hens a little to my left and they were coming right at me! Now they were all about 15-20 yds and big boy was right behind them! One hen got spooky so I decided to shoot! about 42 yds! Not sure of the exact measurements but its about 10in beard, and .75 hooks. Only a 2 year old, but its a nice start!! Shot him at 11:15
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

JVA54

CONGRATS!!  Glad you hung in there and got one,  Well done!!   :z-guntootsmiley:

chatterbox

davisd9

Alright! Spur Collectors on the board! Cannot wait to see pictures!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

Turkeykiller12

Bustabeak

whoo hooooo! Congrats. I got skunked in Alabama... Not even a gobble. I'm hoping that changes saturday when it opens in Georgia.

dirt road ninja

Cool beans! Glad ya got one for us! Hope u kill another one tomorrow.

trkehunr93

Awesome!  Congrats on getting us on the board!

davisd9

By your facebook post a public land bird as well.  Starting us off right again.  Turkeykiller22 was the first Spur Collector to kill a bird when the team was created in 2011.  Looks like he is back to his old ways.  What a bird!  Congratulations!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gophert

Really hate that you guys are on the board, but good story none the less! 

Tim

davisd9

Quote from: gophert on March 20, 2013, 11:09:39 AM

Tim

;D  Feels good to have one on the books!  The first is always the most difficult.

gophert

Quote from: davisd9 on March 20, 2013, 11:13:10 AM

Tim

;D  Feels good to have one on the books!  The first is always the most difficult.

You got that right.  I think we have 3 MS boys going at it, but nothing yet.

davisd9

Quote from: gophert on March 20, 2013, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 20, 2013, 11:13:10 AM

Tim

You got that right.  I think we have 3 MS boys going at it, but nothing yet.

Been tough on them!  Had three hunting this past weekend as well, Ms and Bama.  Going to have the Georgia boys jump in the woods for us next weekend and boomer from Nebraska on the 25th.  Hopefully we can keep them rolling in.  Good luck!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey