Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

One more for the vest.

Started by davisd9, March 19, 2013, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I put in an order for a box call from a South Carolina maker.  His calls are pretty popular around the upstate here.  My mentor used a couple of his boxes last year and told me I should get up with him and have one made.  I actually won one of his boxes at a NWTF event.  I know it has sassafras on it but cannot remember the other wood.  It sounded really good but I wanted another with a little more rasp to it so I could have a clean sound and a raspy sound to let the birds decide which they like better.

He only does it in his spare time and had a few boxes already in front of me.  I had actually thought he lost my order and was just not going to worry about it. I put in my order last July and had not heard anything from him until about a week ago. He said he had my box together if I still wanted it and that he would send it to me and let me play it.  If I was satisfied then I could send payment, if I was not satisfied then to just send the call back.  Got it yesterday and now she is in my vest.  :D 

10 days to youth day!
12 days to the opener!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer