OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aim point of a Gobbler ?

Started by Byhalia, March 17, 2013, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy

Quote from: calebb on March 17, 2013, 09:41:37 PM
I aim at the base of the neck pretty much regardless of the distance. Its worked pretty well for me so far.
yep.  and i ALWAYS make him come out of strut before i shoot at him.  a simple cluck will get his head up and looking around before i blast him.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

BrowningGuy88

Uncle Tom

I use a Truglo gobble dot sight, that clamps on the rib of barrel and cannot work lose. Aim for the red waddles if 30 to 40 yds and top of head if a little further. Have used this sight for years and is fool proof....forces you keep your cheek down on the stock for a true sight alignement...just like shooting a rifle with iron sights. Make of steel and the beads are replaceable.....different colors if you want to change out.Have one on wifes gun and also on my grandsons. Just need one at the end of that little red bead and all will be fine! Good hunting all.

bbcoach

I use a Red Dot and the dot is always put where the wattles meet the feathers.  I want the center of my pattern to be centered on the neck.  Closer ranges will hopefully severe the neck and farther ranges will get the entire neck and head.

Xcal1ber

I have always aimed for the center of the neck.. That way if I miss high, I will hit him in the head, and if I miss low, I'll hit him in the base of the neck.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

TauntoHawk

I know you should aim for the neck and waddles area but i always tend to gravitate toward aiming at the head.. they keep falling down though  :newmascot:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

870FaceLift

Pass it on...

bigthunderchicken

Chase

WildTigerTrout

I aim at the base of the neck where the feathers end.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

bushwhacker

If he's 30 or closer I shoot for the feather line On his neck. If he's beyond that I shoot for the head.

Treeninja

Let him come out of strut then where the feathers meet the waddles. I like to try and save the head as much as possible just in case I decide to mount it. Nothing like a freeze dried head over that rubber garbage...

eddie234

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

redleg06