OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aim point of a Gobbler ?

Started by Byhalia, March 17, 2013, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byhalia

Lets here fellow brothers of the brush.....
Where do you aim at....the head or the base of the neck?
and why      :whip2:

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

30_06

With a gun about midway between the two for me. Just seems like a natural spot to aim at that doesn't move a lot, and keeps stray pellets out of the breast.
With a bow, I'm aiming at the head if using Guillotines, or body shots if using Grim Reapers.

guesswho

I tend to shoot high so I aim at his feet. 

But if I could hit where I aim, I would aim where those red things are on his neck.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

birdyhunter

If he's past 30 yds I'm aiming base of neck but inside that I'm trying to shoot his beady little eyes out.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Onpoint

I aim in the middle of the neck.

Hooksfan

Michigander

Inside 20, eye. Past 20, base of neck.

calebb

I aim at the base of the neck pretty much regardless of the distance. Its worked pretty well for me so far.

tomstopper

20 to 30yds = eye, 30 to 40yds = base of the neck

Rio Fan

Base of the neck or just slightly above it.

Garrett Trentham

Used to aim at the head until I missed one at close range. I watched another guy miss high too. That was enough to make me switch over to shooting at the waddles. Hasn't failed me since!
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

El Pavo Grande

I aim where the feathers end and the neck begins.

catman529

With my gun I aim for the head not the neck. Either the gun or the way I shoot it, it shoots just a hair low, and a hair to the left (the bead is not perfectly centered). I am used to shooting it that way so I just aim for the head and maybe a hair to the right. That way I won't shoot too low and probably won't shoot over his head either.

TurkeyTom

When I use my 835..... I aim for where the feathers end. I have a four power scope mounted on it and I can honestly say that when ever I've pulled the trigger, the bird has been dead.

Now I hunt with my Bear bow and I am aiming for his heart.