OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indian Creek .655 Ray Eye Edtion

Started by chipper, March 17, 2013, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

I've had this choke for a few  years  and have never shot it  Does anyone know any history on this choke? I figure that it was made to shoot the old Federal Premium 2oz. #7.5 load since Ray Eye used to  shoot this load sometimes. I've hung on to it because I have 3 boxes of old whites that I'm gonna run through it someday.

nyhunter

chipper

ILIKEHEVI-13

I am not aware of any Federal Premium 2oz #7.5 loads. 

chipper

It was loaded years ago before the FCW  come out, federal premium turkey ammo was loaded with 4,5,6, and 7.5's , they may have been loaded with 2's also but I never saw them if they were. I shot the 2 oz. And 2.25 oz. Loads till the fcw wad came out then went to Winchester double x 6's.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: chipper on March 17, 2013, 08:46:19 PM
It was loaded years ago before the FCW  come out, federal premium turkey ammo was loaded with 4,5,6, and 7.5's , they may have been loaded with 2's also but I never saw them if they were. I shot the 2 oz. And 2.25 oz. Loads till the fcw wad came out then went to Winchester double x 6's.

Can you show me a picture of the box stating the 2oz #7 loads.  I'm 49yrs old and all I remember is 4, 5, and 6 shot in the FederalPremium turkey loads.  That's counting both the different packages that the Premiums came in since they did switch the packaging.  And I do remember when the Federal Premium came out.  I'm guessing around early 1980's is when the Federal Premium turkey loads hit the market.  I do know they didn't make them in 3.5" at the time because the 3.5" was'nt introduced yet whcih was in 1987 with the Moss 835. 

bushwhacker

The 7.5's came in the old blue and gold box just like all the other premium shells did at that time. I'm 27 years old and remember seeing them on the shelf at wal mart twelve or so years ago.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Please show me a picture of the box of these loads anyone. 

GOLD HUNTER

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I'll be dang.  That's the first I ever seen them.  I stand corrected.  We never had them around these parts. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

tomstopper

Wow. I never knew of those. We learn something new every day.......

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: tomstopper on March 17, 2013, 10:16:50 PM
Wow. I never knew of those. We learn something new every day.......

Yep.  They must have been a short limited run.  None of those ever hit these parts nor did I ever see them anywhere else but here. 

The box prior to this was gold and white.  Came out around 1984 or 1985 I believe. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I should say I was 21 at the time in 1985, and I bought 2 shotguns that year.  I remember buying the 2.75" 1 and 5/8oz #4 loads what were in the gold and white box that said Federal Premium.  Man my memory is good. 

GOLD HUNTER

They were made for a one run season, but i dont know what year they were made.
I got that box of 7.5 @ a gun show.